Chapter 39

"You cannot enter" Eric's shout of voice startles both Devilin and Raine as they were going to open the door.

"What...why?" Raine asks wanting to slap the man as she was still unhappy about him getting and official appointment letter.

"Can you not hear or sense my parents are having sex" Eric sighs pushing both the visitors away from the door.

"Seriously?" Raine asks staring at Eric wide eyes.

"Yes, as soon as Dad saw mom they are at it like wild bunnies and I have to guard the door...

Just went down to have a coffee," Eric proudly states, as that was the most important job of all time.

"Okay we will visit next time" Devilin speaks pulling Raine away but she stops him.

"No, I want to see how they are doing it" she protests making Devilin face palm.

"Stalker" he warns but she just pouts.

"Please, I have never seen Enzo in action, I will just take a little peek promise" she pleads leaving her mate speechless once again so he just keeps dragging her away from the door.

"Devil, stop I was just kidding" Raine laughs seeing how fast he walks pulling her along with him.

"You are unbelievable sometimes," he grumbles but his mood is all-good when she kisses his cheek.

"Now good?" she asks afterward making him smile.

"Come on, we will see Warren before seeing Erika" he shakes his head with a smile.

********

As they enter Warren's wardroom they find him asleep on the bed so they try to leave but Warren's call stops them.

"Hey" Raine waves her hand slowly walking towards the old man who grins seeing her.

"Finally, you are here" he smiles trying to sit up, seeing his struggle Devilin hurries to help him.

"Are you allowed to sit up?" he asks the man who nods his head in answer before asking them to take a seat.

"I heard what that bastard did" Warren goes directly to the point and Raine jumps to hug the man.

"I am sorry Uncle Warren," she cries relived that he was alive and not the man who everyone had doubt in.

"Oh come on, what is wrong with the Martin's women these days whoever comes to visit me are nothing but criers," he teases and Raine wipes her tears trying to smile.

"We are just so happy you are alright" she sniffs touching his hand.

"I have the heart of a warrior, it will be difficult for everyone to kill me so easily" he winks at her trying to make her laugh but she just smiles sadly.

"Thank you for being in our life Uncle Warren"

"Thank you for being in our life little Angel" he ruffles her hair before he starts to cough a bit and Raine jumps to offer him a glass of water but he refuses.

"We should leave him to rest" Devilin voices seeing the man in not so good a condition but Warren waves his hands to refuse him.

"No, stay I have to speak about a few things with you two. I have been waiting for you two to visit me" he speaks asking both of them to stay.

"We can talk about it later when you are..."

"No time is better than now, it is important. I saw how he changed his appearance and I know whose skin he is wearing to fool us" his words halt them and both of them sit down to hear.