Chapter 34

Devilin types on his phone furiously as he stands in front of the fridge, he does not keep his eyes off the phone as he opens the fridge. Letting his eye slide just for a few seconds he pulls out a water bottle before, once again furiously tapping his phone.

He does not even notice his mate standing in front of him and watching as he stands with his eyes on his phone while he busily types with his one hand while he holds the water bottle in his other hand.

"Notice me" Raine's words go right through his ears as he steps away from her way with a sorry.

Raine holds the back of his shirt to stop him from walking away which finally breaks his concentration.

"What?" Devilin asks as he puts his phone away before looking at his mate whom he just noticed.

"Who were you sending those texts?" she asks pointing at the phone in his hand.

"No one" Devilin answers before he opens the water bottle and drinks directly from it.

"My parents are fine," she states not knowing what to say to him.

"Yeah, I saw them" he replies nonchalantly, which makes her shuffle a bit, nervously.

"Well they brought me dinner in my room"

"Okay"

"Did you eat?"

"Yeah"

"Umm, so where were you till now?" she asks slowly peeking from under her lashes before she stares at their feet.

"Busy"

"Oh, well uh, I was waiting for you to come see me'

"Why was there anything you need?" he asks coldly making her feel sad.

*******

"Why do you sound not so happy seeing me?" she dares asks not understanding why he was acting so cold towards her.

"Do I have a reason to be happy seeing you?"

"Uh...that...are you angry with me?"

"No"

"Then why are you not asking me if I am okay or why did you not come see me"

"Seeing how you can walk on your own I am sure you are fine and as for not coming to see you, you were asleep"

"Devil, why are you talking like this with me, if you are angry then please tell me"

"What's the use? What are you going to do so different if I was, except saying you are sorry"

"But I am, I did not..."

"Yes, you did, you meant to hurt me and hurt I am but not angry Raine. To be honest I do not even know which emotion I feel the most...

Disappointment or hurt, as you see you disappointed me so much today, with your acts and words'

"Devilin, I..."

"No, let me finish. I listened to you quietly when you spoke your heart out to me so I will request you return the favor to me as well...

You asked me why I left with out seeing you, well I did see you, but I could not face you, as I would have not been able to walk away from you...

That is something you will never understand, all these past few weeks that we have been together, I thought, we understood each other perfectly if not may be in some grounds but it seems you did not...