Chapter 25

"I am so excited" Devon's cheerful voice makes Devilin chuckle as the duo walks inside of the meeting to be held in a few minutes where probably everyone was waiting on them.

"I can see" Devilin makes the comment as he wraps his arms around his brother who was extremely excited so much so that he was jumping all the way as this was his official first meeting regarding saving the were world.

"You think I can land some job in here?" he asks next just as they take a turn.

"You are invited in the meeting as one of the members who will answer directly to the council and it does not take any genius to tell you that they will give you some job as you refer to do, so chill"

"Awesome, this will be my very first task. I do not want to mess this chance up"

"Hey, I have got your back" Devilin pats his brother's shoulder in assurance with a smile.

"And I got yours" Devon smiles as they both finally enter the hall and take their respective seats.

*******

All of the people attending the meeting get up at once out of respect as the members of the council walks into the room one by one and take their respective seats before the meeting begins.

As to the request of the council Chris and Gio steps out of their seats before they put their report out in front for everyone to hear. They share the images of the dead bodies of the new mandrakes that they found while trying to hunt down Thomas's whereabouts.

After the shown images are closed, they explain that they were able to find few mandrakes that they could bring in alive; the room listens silently as the saved mandrakes walk inside of the room.

With Gio's request Devilin steps out of his seat and with the power he has, he has have control over the mandrakes, he asks them to talk about what exactly happened and if they know anything regarding Thomas's plans.

Everyone in the room is in awe as the mandrakes step in front to talk about how Thomas slaughtered each of their friends when they refused to aid him in doing the things he wanted as now they have a new master and not some one who was just a substitute.

They explain that the reason why there are so many of them is because they were sons and daughters of Thomas, who mated with some of the mandrakes and that is the reason why he could change his appearance.

"Can you show us how he can change his appearance?" one of the Alphas asks from the crowd.

"It's only him who can change his appearance" the mandrake replies looking straight to the Alpha.

"How?" the same Alpha questions but the mandrakes just hiss not wanting to give away the vital information.

"We only answer to master" the mandrakes speak at once and the murmurs start to go on in the crowd bringing all the attention and accusations to Devilin.

Among everyone, few of the men in the crowd brave enough to question what they heard and the murmurs turn into roars of disagreements.

"The mandrakes say they only answer to their master, I would like to ask Dante the leader of the council what are the chances that this is not some plan and plot of yours to keep us under control?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Dante narrows his eyes at them.

"It is clear that your son is their new master and as we all saw how they answer to your son we are not sure if we should even participate in this meeting...

Is it not clear that your son is the one who can manipulate them and it seems you have been using the case of Thomas and pulling it for far too long when the real culprit may be your son?"