Chapter 21

"Is everyone waiting for us?" Raine asks as she holds Devilin's hand tightly in nervousness.

"Yes, I informed my father before we left letting him know I am bringing you back"

"What about Blue?"

"Safe at her home, they checked on her and she is all good" he assures just as they step inside of the portal, which takes them to the Martin's land where the annual ball was this year.

"I am scared," she confesses as she faces him.

"No need to be, I am here," he whispers as he pulls her in front of him and pushes her hair to one side before he places a soft kiss on the back of her neck.

"What?" she gasps as she tries to look back at him but he holds her in place.

"Remember, I will always be your home," he whispers before he let go of her and stepping away from her.

"D..." but before she could make sense of anything she finds herself engulfed into someone's arms.

"Pup" Adrian's voice whispers in her ear and she stands still in his arms.

Devilin smiles reassuring her, as she looks his way with wide-eyes but she shakes her head no when she trembles a bit overwhelmed by her emotions as tears gleam in her eyes.

Devilin opens his arms for her, as he knows she was not ready yet and she pulls away from Adrian running to her mate's arms and letting go of her tears.

"I cannot do this" she stutters burying her head in his chest.

"I will bring her back," Devilin states with a smile towards Adrian who was staring at them in a shock at her behavior.

"Come on" Devilin sighs as he picks his mate once again and walks out of the party where most of the people in there were looking their way for the reunion but his mate was not ready, not yet.

*******

"Never ever leave me like that," Raine complains as she hits on his chest once.

"I was standing right next to you" he chuckles as he puts her down on his lap while he takes a seat on the bench inside the garden.

"You stepped away from me, I could not touch you" she huffs as she looks at him pointedly.

"Adrian was walking towards you, I was just giving you two some space"

"No, no space between us, like ever" she finalizes shaking her head.

"And you cannot just push me towards everything and expect for me to be fine, it's overwhelming and I am till scared" she adds as she looks at him from under her lashes.

"Nothing will happen"

"I got a warm welcome last time I was here and then got kicked out so excuse me if I feel like history will repeat it self...

What if they feel, they do not have any place for me, in their life and want me gone again...

I do no resemble like any one of them"

Devilin says nothing but runs his hands up and down her thighs trying to calm her. They both stay like that with him running his hands and her hands on his chest staring at each other's eyes as if communicating silently.

The soft music coming out of the hall was the only sound that was between them along with the chirps of the insects in the garden.

Suddenly Raine finds herself standing with her feet stepping above his shoe with her hands wrapped around his neck and his around her waist and he kisses her forehead before he bends a bit.