Chapter 31

Devilin takes a step back as his mate runs his way at full speed, one she did not have before, he braces himself before dodging her punch having no idea what was happening.

He was on his way back home when he got the message from his father about the incident in the Martin's land, his first reaction was to come directly but he could not as all of the portals were closed while Chris and Gio were shifting the mandrakes through the portal that connects with Drag's land.

Moreover, Crystal along with Dante were looking over trying to keep every portal closed so no one can use it making it difficult to use the portal to hurry towards Raine.

Now that everything was going well shifting those mandrakes to a safe area here, he was having no clue why his mate was so angry and covered in blood.

"Stalker" he calls trying to talk her through whatever insanity has caused her to act in such a way.

"Stop calling me that and stay still" Raine growls as she once again goes to land a punch.

"What happened and what is wrong with you?" he calls trying frantically to dodge all of her attacks as well as worrying that she will hurt herself.

"Dante, we need to hurry to the garden The Alpha's" the man chokes a bit before he continues.

"Someone attacked them," he slowly states and a dread fills around everyone.

Even if Devilin was busy dodging his mate's attack, he hears it loud and clear before suddenly grabbing both of his mate's wrists and caging her with his arms around her as he turns her back to his front.

"Calm down" Devilin hisses thinking the reason for her madness is her parents.

"Who was it?" Dante asks next ignoring Raine for a while, as he cannot seem to move his feet at all.

"We...we don't know" the man states shamelessly.

"Alpha has been stabbed with a dagger in his chest, the same one Raine had when she attacked the cook lady"

At that, all of the men's head snaps her way but Devilin hides his mate away from everyone's gaze.

"No" he refuses to believe any of those accusations.

"Dev, deal with her. Ethan, take a few men and search the area to see if you can find anything...

Rom, search the house and ask anyone who was inside when it happened the rest of you" Dante stops as he pins his eyes on the guards that was supposed to protect their Alpha.

"I will deal with you in a while," he growls threateningly before he rushes inside of the house to check on his friend and the woman he vowed to protect.

*******

"Raine, calm yourself" Devilin tries once again as his voice was getting rough as she was not using control the marks on her body but calling out his own making them a sight to see.

Both of them struggles to take control over each other while forgetting the fact they were creating a beautiful scene to anyone who was around.

"I know you are hurt about your parents but you need to calm the fuck down, mate" Devilin growls angrily at her as it seems any of his talks is going right out of her ear.

"No" Raine shouts in pain as she hears the word and Devilin let go of her thinking he had hurt her.

He goes flying away as she blasts him with her powers surprising him once again.

"You...how dare you," Raine breathes heavily stomping his way in anger.

"What's wrong?" Devilin asks as he dusts his clothes off not understating the reason of her anger towards him.