Chapter 17

Dante smiles as he finds Scar walking out of the house towards the garden where he has been waiting for her.

"Finally" he grins throwing his arms around her.

"Oh shut up, Rain finally is asleep"

"Ooh I feel naughty, it's like we are hiding away and meeting in secret from all these eyes around us...

It's like having an affair with you"

"As if you can leave Jean for me"

"That I cannot" he sighs with a pout before hugging her.

"How are you?" he asks worried as all playfulness leaves him.

"Better when I can see my daughter back home"

"She will be fine, trust me I have seen her grown up with my own eyes. Just as marvelous as her mother but don't you dare tell that to her" he warns before they take their usual seat on the bench.

"I won't. It seems both my daughters will be your daughter-in-law huh?" she teases as she pushes him a bit with her arm.

"I did get them both did I not?" he says with a heavy sigh.

"You don't seem happy," she asks curiously turning to face him.

"I am not. I am just scared, scared of what tomorrow will bring in front of us. When I found Raine and brought her with me there was just something in her I wanted to protect; I should have connected the points...

She calls the same instinct of protection from me like the way you do, I love to mess with her, tease and taunt her, she just pokes me in a way it irritates the shit out of me...

The same way Adrian pokes me in a way and my son is one damn bastard to have the honor to found a mate in her...

Not because she is your daughter but she is Raine, the little shit I found covered in dirt and the woman she turned out to be, makes me one damn proud fucker though...

Turned out to be a real diamond huh?" he smirks as he pinches Scar's cheek.

"Thank you for taking care of her all this time" Scar smiles wiping the lone tear that falls from her eye.

"She would have been just fine even if I did not find her, just as strong like her father and kind-hearted like her mother" he replies as he gets up from the bench.

"Still, my heart is at ease knowing she was safe around all of you, around the strongest men I have come to know...

Even if Adrian was not, there as her father you all were there like one for her and I thank you for that" she smiles getting emotional while Dante nods as he walks towards the house without saying anything.

*******

"Sneaking peeks at your wife and her lover I see?" Dante teases as Adrian walks out of the shadows.

"Are you?"

"What her lover?"

"No, but in love with her" Adrian asks without any emotion showing on his face.

"It's true I love her but we both know you are in love with her between you and me"

"Go home, it's late" Adrian calls, as he turns his back to him and walks towards where his wife was sitting.

Dante chuckles as he makes his way home, whistling in the empty corridors of Adrian's house.

Stopping his car, he sits inside and stares in front of him before slowing making his way out with a smile seeing his mate sitting on the steps waiting for him.