Chapter 08

Raine try as she might cannot take the smile off her face, she might burst if she will smile even a slight bit more. Her happiness has no limits as she shares her meals with her family.

The fact that Ariel and her mate were there with them is not even able to put a dent on her happiness.

Devon watches the girl sitting with them at the table with a smile on his face while she keeps eating everything and anything made by the Martins.

"Raine, how did you know my mate?" Ariel's question stiffens Devon while Raine frowns.

"Huh?"

"You and Dev you both know each other closely it seems, on our engagement day I saw you two in the room may I know why?" Ariel asks straight which now brings everyone's attention towards their talk.

"Air" Devon warns his mate as this was not the time or place.

Ariel, after she was discharged has been nagging him about Raine about how they knew each other and even if he wanted to tell her, she was Devilin's mate he could not as Devilin has yet to announce it himself.

He does not want to spoil his brother's right to announce it himself to all and now Ariel has it in her mind that Raine was one of the girls he once had an affair with.

"What, can I not know the reason of the girl being in my house at the exact time we are here and how you two looked so close at our engagement party?" she asks him mockingly with a hint of jealousy.

Even if Devon admits, he enjoyed her jealousy the glare from her father was not something he is enjoying now.

"Is there a problem, sweetie?" Adrian asks as he puts the fork back on the plate.

"No dad, but I just wanted to know what Raine is doing here seeing as this is a family dinner?" Ariel asks, as she smiles reassuring towards her father who frowns as he senses she was not happy.

"The twins invited me for a few days and as for how I know your mate well I work in HP that is explanation enough about how I know every breathing non-human that exists...

Also, I don't want your mate; no body wants your mate that is why he is with you" Raine answers getting up from her seat as her mood was now dampened and she was back to ground zero as the atmosphere they were in was now ruined.

"The dinner was great now if you will just excuse me" Raine adds as she walks out of the table.

*******

Devon finds Raine in the garden, he had walked in there to be away from all the drama that just occurred and now his mate is sure they have something going on between them after whatever Raine said.

He was not planning to confront the girl but seeing her he could not help but poke her as being the brother of Devlin and son of Dante, he had the right to tease and irk the shit out of her.

"Hello stalker" Devon calls as he joins Raine who glares his way.

"Please go away," she groans but he just grins taking a seat next to her.

"Oh come on, just a few months ago you were dying to be with me if my memory serves me right"

"And how I wish I could shift delete it permanently from our lives but seeing how I cannot control every aspect of my life...

I would like to think you as the joke fate had made on my life now please leave me alone"

"No, I think I am just going to sit here and enjoy the view"

"Fine then I will walk away," she decides getting up but Devon's hands shots up to hold her back.

Raine gasps as her legs wobbles a bit and she stumbles down atop him, Devon groans as her knee comes crashing on his privates.