Chapter 38

"Thomas was the one who informed me about Connor that night, he told me Connor was going to use Crystal and knowing how naïve and stupid she can get at times...

Shit, I went inside of his house in my wolf form and shifted in to my human form on purpose to warn and scare him off...

God I feel so stupid now," Adrian groans at the other side of the phone and Raine smiles knowing he must be vigorously rubbing his face as well.

"You did not know" she tries.

"Well I should have given a little thought and should have believed when she told me they were soul mates, but..."

"But you had stopped believing in soul mates after your own mate betrayed you so you thought it will be same with her...

Its okay Papa, I know men are born clueless; it is a biological thing seeing how it takes several million sperms cells to locate a female egg despite the fact that the egg is relative to them" she tries to console him.

"At this point of my life I do not even know if I should feel happy about the fact that my daughter is consoling me or embarrassed at the fact that she is talking about sperms with me"

"That was an insult Papa, take it, no charges" Raine giggles making him laugh as well.

"I take it now your curiosity has spiked even more"

"Thousands times, but I will get to the end no worries you go and apologize to aunt Chrissie before you are few more centuries late for ruining her moment with her mate" she teases before saying her goodbye.

"Now why are you so silent?" Raine asks as she puts the phone away and turns to her mate.

*******

"Do you know Connor lost his baby sister shortly after that night?" Devilin's rage filled voice makes her slowly nod her head.

"Too many lives were destroyed by his hands and few more are at stake and we will never be able to save anyone if we keep getting riled up on everything"

"Stalker, we both know this is not just anything. Do you have any idea how much Connor and Crystal suffered because of that incident?

Connor was a human who was accidentally turned into a vampire; he hated the one woman he loved for all the wrong reasons" he growls at her.

"Yes but they are together for the right reasons" she puts her hand on his cheek to calm him down.

"That's not the point" Devilin grounds.

"The point is now we know and now we will get at the bottom of this all. For that, I need you to be calm, very much so that I do not have to be worried that you will do something wrong to get hurt"

"That filth is going to die a thousand times when I get my hands on him, for every hurt he gave to my dear ones either be Crystal or Ariel"

"Okay. Now can we talk with Connor?" she smiles teasingly at him.

"Fuck no"

"But you said..."

"You will not talk with him, mate not until you tell me what you know" Devilin warns her as he holds her hand in his own.

"You are such a spoiler" she sighs as she snuggles in his chest.

"Tell Me," he requests as he lifts her chin up to see her face.

"I don't know if my intuition is right or not but I think Thomas has something to do with the Royals downfall and it has something to do with the dimension Crystal handles"