Chapter 26

"I love you" Raine gasps as she hears those words before holding the feather in her hand and looking around frantically.

"Devilin?" she calls as she walks out of her den in search of her mate, as she knows he was here but the question was where.

"Hey Rain"

"Not now" she shouts as one of the men tries to stop her as she was in search of her mate.

"Has anyone seen my mate?" she asks walking past the men.

"What?"

"My mate, he...he was here, did you guys see him"

"We know you have a mate Raine, no need to throw it in our face, we all saw the PDA's from the morning" one of the men comments but she ignores it as she walks out of the building.

"Devilin" she calls as her heart rate speeds.

"Raine?" her father's voice makes her stop looking around and shouting her mate's name.

She rushes to his side and holds his arms before asking about Devilin.

"Okay, calm down" Adrian chuckles but his daughter was not having it.

"Papa, where is he? He was here, I am sure, look it's one of the feathers from his wings I know, but I cannot find him"

"Raine"

"Papa, did you see him, where you at the meeting as well, is that why you are here, is not the meeting over, where is he?" she asks frantically as fear crept into her heart.

"Sweetheart, first calm down, your breathing is too fast"

"But Devilin"

"I will tell you about him but first calm down take a deep breath," he orders as he holds her face and tries to help her focus on his voice.

"That's better," he murmurs as her breathing is back to normal.

"Papa" she whispers as the fear in her heart still does not go away and tears brim in her eyes dreading what he will tell her.

"Honey, he will come back soon"

"No" she sobs as she clutches the front of his shirt.

"It's important"

"He promised me, he will not take any mission"

"I know, that is why I am here"

"No, no I need him, no he cannot just leave without seeing me"

"Raine, come with me, we need to talk"

"But he lied"

"Baby girl, just come with me" Adrian speaks as he holds his daughter in his arms and walks back towards her den.

*******

"Where are we going?" Raine asks as she watches her father trying to, not look amused seeing her room for the first time, which still had her mate's face, and body plastered all over.

"I did not know you had a particular interest in your room décor" Adrian chuckles as he goes to sit on the bed but changes his mind and keeps standing.

"Well I like to keep it up and personal"

"Yes, I can see that. Don't you think this is a bit over board?"

"You think so? Well. If things were going my way, I was going to order a naked statue of him in the middle of the room with a fountain...water flowing from his penis and..."