Chapter 15

"How far are we?" Devilin asks as he comes to a stop in some abandoned area out from any of the pack lands.

"I sense it in here strong, master but I cannot pinpoint her exact location" the shadow replies as he looms around Devilin.

Devilin grabs the shadow in his hand as he hisses.

"If you don't want to die then you better find her," he warns the shadow who nods his head as he keeps staring at the veins in Devilin's neck and gulps before moving around the area.

Devilin looks around the area trying to inspect it, as he knows there was something about this place it looked familiar.

He walks around the area to check on its surroundings when he senses it; this was the same place, Miracle kept taking him.

"Master this way," Shadow calls at the exact time Devilin senses it as well.

Both of them walk towards the place Raine probably was, Devilin still was not sure if the shadow could track her as this was the very first time he was using it.

The last time, when he succeeded in controlling the shadow, his father told him that they depend on the blood of them to survive and so he just used it to check if it can locate his mate who has his blood running within her, making her just like them.

He smells the area for any dangers as he keeps walking in high alert knowing well this has been the place Thomas was hiding all his life and Devilin does not want to act rashly to end up trapped.

He stops alert, as he smells them before they walk out of the trees hissing his way in warning. Devilin readies himself, for the attack to come but it does not instead the mandrakes look around at each other before kneeling in front of him.

"Master" the all speak at once and he smirks as he realizes that they can sense who he was to them.

"Raine" he says to them before they get up and take them towards where his mate was all wrapped up in Thomas's arms while his shadow was looming over her, he sees Red.

*******

Without so much as a thought he pounces on the bastard he has been hunting his entire life, he pulls his hand up and punches the man who goes flying startled away from his mate.

"Touch her again and I will fucking end you, right now" he threatens as the man glares his way while his mate tries to dust off the shadow who has surrounded himself around her.

"Get off of me, you pervert," she shouts trying to get away from the smoke coming off her body.

"Shadow back down" Devilin's commands make the smoke back away from her body and gather.

"Devilin, I see you found me," Thomas asks as he slowly gets up from the ground.

"The right statement would be he punched you" Raine snickers before she looks around as if she just did not irk him.

"Last time I let you go but not this time" Thomas grins as he spits some blood.

"You have to catch me first for that" Devilin grins as he takes hold of Raine and disappears inside one of the portals leaving Thomas and mandrakes behind.

"Fuck" Thomas curses as he tries to run inside the portal to follow them but fails as it shuts down.

"What the fuck are you staring at, how did he even get in here?" Thomas shouts in rage as he turns to face the mandrakes that were just standing there.

"You, did I not warn you," Thomas shouts as he raises his hand to hit one of them but a hand stops him.

"We no follow you," the mandrake hisses as he throws Thomas's hand away.