Chapter 23

Adrian passes a glass to Dante before they both settle down on their chairs and quietly sip on their drink. Their peace was short lived as Erika bangs the door open and walks in, she walks straight to the bar and pours herself a drink before banging the glass on the table and sitting.

"Bastards" she grumbles as she glares at the men in front of her who silently keep sipping on their drink not phased by her.

"Hello Erika" Dante greets as he puts his empty glass down.

"You guys play so dirty, why did you not wait till I was here so I could damage someone's dress and face with cake?" she accuses asking them the question.

"I could not stop my eagerness I was itching to do that for the last eighteen years" Dante carelessly shrugs his shoulder and she growls.

"Bastard" she mumbles she pours the drink she brought in Dante's glass.

"So the party was a hit with your daughter?" she asks next to Adrian who smiles.

"Yes, it went without a hitch"

"Of course it would be, after all it was my son's idea to keep everyone at bay so no one would surround her and make her feel suffocated," Dante shouts with a grin.

Adrian chuckles at his tone, he was happy about the event that occurred tonight, his daughter was happy and smiling and that was all he cared. Even if her brothers and sisters along with his own mate wanted to spend some time with Raine, Devilin warned them not to crowd her and let her seek each of them out on her own.

Adrian was not happy about that but the way she stiffened and flew into Devilin's arms as he hugged her had let him know what exactly the boy had meant.

Therefore, everyone had kept themselves away from her, she was still a bit skittish in trusting people and the only one she was trusting right now was her mate.

It was okay with them as long as she was ready to give them all a shot to be in her life. She will come around soon as Devilin had promised and he was happy to wait to see his daughter as her old self who once when she entered the house was a ball full of energy.

*******

Devilin slowly moves his hand up and down in his mate's hair while she was soundly asleep. He should move out of the bed but he could not bring himself to.

Just wanting to be close to her like that before the seriousness of everything comes crashing down on them and they have to face the things he had tried to shut out for the past few weeks for his mate's sake.

The vibration from his phone makes him sigh before he pulls it out, he checks on his mate's once again and when he is satisfied she was in her deep slumber he answers the call.

"Where are you?" Ryan's voice comes through the phone making him shift a bit pulling his mate along with him and wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"Home" he replies as he watches his sleeping beauty.

"Is she with you?"

"Asleep"

"Wow, it's not even an hour since you both left, damn you got some impressive moves eh?" his father's face and voice is seen next making him roll his eyes.

"Shut up Dante" Erika's voice is heard next as she throws something at his head making his father groan.

"What?"

"You are so disrespectful, how can you talk about Raine in such a way, what they do in privates of their room is none of your concern" she scolds the man before she turns to face Devilin through the video and smiles too sweetly.