Chapter 06

"What is it?" Reese asks as once again Devilin opens his eyes.

"I don't know something is wrong I cannot find the girl nor can I see any new light" Devilin states as he gets up from the bed.

For the past few hours, he has been trying to go to the past but it was empty he does not know how he knows it but he does, something was wrong and he does not know what it was.

"May be we over did it, the progress has been going good and you have been spending many hours...

I think we should take a break for a little while, it could be dangerous let's not over do it" Reese suggests to him quietly as she does not want to harm him in any way.

"Okay, I think I should go back home anyway, it's been a while" he sighs getting off the bed before he walks towards the door but halts when Reese calls him.

"Devilin, I know you don't fully trust us but can I ask you something?" Reese asks and he turns to face her, with his nod she continues.

"What are you exactly searching for through the past?" she asks him softly watching his facial expression, which gives no answer to her.

"I wish I could answer that but even I don't know what I am looking for through the past," he honestly answers before walking out of the door.

*******

Devilin stops his car at once, as he gets a familiar scent, opening his door he walks out and waits for his aunt to show up.

"Why are you following me, aunt?" Devilin asks as the woman appears in front of him.

"I have been waiting for you to walk out of that coven for weeks, we need to talk" Emma speaks seriously making him frown.

"About?"

"About the return of Thomas and real Eric"

"What do you mean?"

"Well if you have kept your bond link open then you would have been able to know that Thomas was pretending to be Eric all along and that somehow he has opened the portal to that place where the original mandrakes are and with the help of Ariel"

"What the fuck" Devilin explodes.

"Relax; if you will calm down, I want to make an offer. I want you to talk with your father about the return of specials back on the grounds we want to help...

It seems we all have been fooled enough by Thomas, even some of our own betrayed us and us going rogue is of no use anymore, we want to come back home" Emma informs him which brings another frown on his face.

"So why wait on me, you could have done that easily by talking with dad" he comments but she shakes her head no.

"We have long ago parted our ways, lots of things happened between each of us to act friendly and with the truth out I don't think anyone wants us special kids anymore as their ally"

"What do you mean? What truth?" Devilin asks, as he cannot get his head through what she was talking about.

"It seems some of the special kids were working for Thomas and all this time we kept on blaming each other for his mistakes"

"Fuck him"

"Okay, get in we will go talk with dad this instant"

"No, this is not the right time to go meet him, he is angry enough that he cannot get hold of you and if I am with you he will lose his fuse you go take his wrath then I will meet him when he has cooled off" she grins before disappearing into thin air.