Chapter 43

Eric yawns as he stretches his body a bit from left to right before finally walking out of the room he was been held in for the past few days.

He looks around the corridor to find it empty and too silent for his taste as whenever he tried to run away from the bed rest he was forced to take, people would come out of nowhere to make him stay in the bed.

As per them, he was not well enough to walk out but now he is a free bird and no amount of any force can make him stay in the bed.

A smile grows on his face as he finds the love of his life waiting for him besides her father in her beautiful pink dress, he hurries to her side but before he could even reach her, her father comes between them.

"Ugh" he grumbles as he tries to peek at his mate.

"Ten feet away from my daughter" Advin warns Eric who sighs in return.

"Hey Blue, long time no see" Eric says ignoring Advin who by the looks was not going to stay back.

"I know I just came to warn you about something" Blue speaks as she speaks from behind her father's leg.

"What?" Eric asks in confusion not knowing what she was going to say.

"You, Eric Antonio...You better be strong enough to be able to handle my blood poison and when you do then and only then will I accept you as my mate else...

Else I am never going to eat any chocolates you ever bribe me with" Blue shouts at once before she takes a long deep breathe.

"Uh...what?" Eric looks from Advin to his little mate.

"Do well," Advin pats Eric's shoulder before he picks his daughter up and goes to turn around but Blue has something else in her mind.

She grabs the collar of Eric's shirt and pulls him closer landing a kiss on his cheek as a goodbye before she buries her head in her father's neck.

*******

"That is not something a father should see" Advin grumbles while Eric touches his cheek still confused.

"What is going on?" he asks running behind the father-daughter duo.

"You heard my girl, be strong enough to claim her" Advin voices as he stops Eric from coming any closer to his daughter who had her face still buried in his neck.

"But...but I don't know what is going on"

"It's simple Eric, my daughter's blood is a cursed one and you cannot claim her till you know how to break it" Advin explains which widens Eric's eyes as he realizes everything.

"I can still see you right?" Eric sadly asks as he stares at his mate's turned back who mumbles something.

"She is yours when you both are ready" Advin smiles as he finally walks away from Eric with his daughter in his arms.

"I will miss him daddy," Blue whispers as she peeks towards her sad mate.

"Tell me about it" Advin sighs worried for his only daughter, as he knows how hurt she was and can feel it through their bond.

*******

"Is that all?" Dante asks as he kicks the ground with his boot.

"Yeah, what else do you expect?" Rom asks as he pats on his friend's shoulder.

"I say he died too easily" Adrian comments before he looks around the grounds.

"Nah, the more important thing is he is dead and we no longer have to worry about his existence" Dante grins grabbing the back of Adrian's neck and squeezing it hard.