Chapter 30

Raine gets startled as she hears the howl, she jumps a bit before she goes back to work thinking someone of the wolf was hurt seeing how she lived in a wolf pack it must be normal.

However, as she goes to concentrate back to her work she cannot as suddenly her heart starts to beat fast for no reason, she frowns rubbing her chest a bit before dropping everything and making her way out of the room to see what the howl was about.

She looks around the hallways to find it empty she goes to turn back to her room but stops re-thinking on the howl as it were very sad and painful, so without another thought she walks around to find someone and ask what the howl meant.

She finds it strange when she finds the whole place empty as it was never such the case, because someone was always there around the corner doing something but no today, as it was eerily silent, a chill runs down her spine, which causes her to shiver as her feet moves faster not knowing what she was looking for.

She breathes in relief when she sees Warren walking in the hallway so she goes to call him but stops when she watches him wipe something on his clothes, so she looks carefully to find the object being some kind of dagger.

She finds it strange yet says nothing and let him walk away before she rushes to where he came from and it was none other than her mother's garden.

*******

She frowns a bit, thinking if Warren killed some rat in the garden, she looks around the garden from the outside to see what was going on but finds nothing out of place before she goes to turn and halts in her step.

Raine slowly turns around and walks towards the garden, her eyes widen as she sees blood splattered on the ground before she walks deeper into the garden and she cannot even form a thought let alone scream when she finds her parents lying on the ground in a pool of their blood.

She shakes her head a few times thinking it was some kind of nightmare as it was not true, her parents, that was not her parents but when she pinches herself and yet cannot wake up her worst nightmare comes true.

"Papa, mom" she whispers calling them as she slowly makes her way towards them in shock.

Kneeling down she touches her father's leg first before hurrying to their body and shaking them, hoping they would just wake up but nothing, she finds nothing.

"Papa, please mom, please wake up, oh god please no," she whispers as she keeps shaking them violently not knowing what else to do.

She looks around the garden to find something to call someone but cannot find any strength to get up and leave them, she cannot even seem to shout for help or scream out.

*******

Raine cannot help but just clutch her parents and cry her heart out, as she could not seem to be able to do anything.

"No, please I just found you; you cannot do this to me. Please Papa, you promised to go shopping with me and I have yet to show you how I can secure the place, you have not even seen what I am capable of doing...

Mom, who will make me cookies and milk, who will look after me when I work until late nights, please don't leave me...

I have not even given you any chance to be proud of me Papa, mom, please," she sobs crying her heart out.

"Mom, Papa" she keeps sobbing holding onto them before she looks around the place to go find someone.

"Advin, I will call Advin, he will save you" she speaks before getting up but she falls down as her knees gets weak but she tries once again before stopping when she realizes he was not around as he went to some mission along with every other male.