•Ghost•

Jack's POV:

I tiptoed through the old, rickety house. It had been abandoned years ago. I didn't come here for any specific reasons, just memories. It had been years and years since I've come to the Corona Manor, not since my death. It was my girlfriend's old place. She'd have to be married with children by now.

It's a shame that I died so young. Only 21, I wish I could have spent more time with Rapunzel. But after my death I couldn't leave the spot I had died at, something about unfinished business. I was finally free randomly after about 5 years; turns out my old man had returned home and visited my grave. I'm glad; it was lonely on that highway.

Over the years I've met a couple of other spirits, a sigh escaped my lips as I gazed at the inside of the manor. I didn't think it would be so trashed when I got here, Rapunzel's father was a proud man, there is no doubt he passed on, but I would have thought he might have given the manor to Rapunzel. But then again she never liked living that lavish life. She preferred her small apartment on Strawberry Street.

I walked up the grand staircase, I went here a few times and my mind automatically told me to go to Rapunzel's room. I walked through the closed door, even though I had done it for so many years it was still strange. The decor was the same, pink filled the room and dusty books and trinkets filled the shelves. A stack of paper sat on her desk. My eyes widened her painting. Did she never finish it? And why was it here of all places? This painting was her pride and joy, and it sat here unfinished.

What happen in the years I was away? Had she moved back in soon after my death? Or maybe years later.

A movement from the bed caught my eye.

I turn to see a pale figure sitting on the bed, their back turned to me. Long blonde hair fell down past their shoulders.

My mind went back, was this... no... it couldn't be, I couldn't stop myself from calling her name.

"Rapunzel?"

The figure turned stiff and turned their head slowly, it was. It looked like she hasn't aged a day.

"Jack?" her voice, God I didn't realize how much I missed that beautiful voice of hers, "I-Is that really you?"

I stepped forward, daring to come closer, "What happen to you?" the question was barely a whisper, it was vague, but she knew what I meant.

"I died Jack, 2 years after you,"

No... no that couldn't be, Rapunzel was suppose to be alive, happy. A world renowned author. She was supposed to be married to a loving husband with kids. She always wanted a family of her own.

"Soon after you," she looked at the ground, "a-after you died, I found out I had the same illness that took my mother's life" I ventured closed to her, "I told my father and I suppose his heart couldn't take it. He fell ill soon after and I moved back into the manor to care for him."

She looked up at me, tears shining in her eyes.

"He died, and my mother's sickness took me only months after," Rapunzel looked up at me with a soft smile, "he wasn't here when I died so I like to think my mother brought him into the light."

"Rapunzel I-"

The tears fell down her cheeks, "I've been so lonely Jack, alone in this big house. I can't leave Jack, I don't know why!" she sobbed, my chest tightened and I kept forward, pulling her into my arms.

She was only a year younger than me, dead by the age of 22, 50 years alone. The same view, the same place, at least on that highway of mine there was change. Car passed, animals visited, sometimes if there was a car accident I was able to help some lost souls go into the light.

But Rapunzel had been alone, unable to do anything. I had chosen not to go into the light when I had been freed, I could go whenever, but I had to find Rapunzel first and thank God I did.

"I won't let you be lonely anymore Rapunzel," I tightened my hold, "I'll stay with you."

She sobbed harder into my arms, mumbling my name over and over again. Rapunzel raised her head, "thank you for freeing me."

  🌞❄  

"Jack you're so cruel!" giggled Rapunzel, nudging my arm.

"Awww, come on Rapunzel, you try just once!"

Rapunzel smiled then shook her head, floating forward; we had left the manor together, hand in hand. I convince her to have some fun for once... hence the reason why we were 'haunting' people.

Rapunzel lightly gripped the student's arm, who was in the process of filling out a test... in pen might I add she suppressed a giggle and gently nudge his arm.

"Damn it!" the student whispered, glaring at the misplaced pen line across his paper.

"See Punz that was great!" she cried out, still laughing.

We ran out of the classroom, this become a pretty regular thing for us and so we spent our years together, laughing and continuing our adventure. As of now we're both content staying on Earth, and when the day comes that one of us is ready to go into the light,

We will go... together

  🌞❄  

I am so sorry if I took long enough to update, its just I had an exam to finish and I wanted to concentrate in reviewing, so... yeah, but I hope you would like this update.

Please comment, share, and vote

Thank you so much guys!!!

~rinny-chi