•Audiobook Misunderstanding•

Jack's POV:

I rushed immediately at Rapunzel's room since her mother allowed me to do so. Mrs Corona trusted me so much that I couldn't do anything to break that. I tiptoed towards her room to surprise her. I did bring some of her favourite cookies. When I heard a man's voice over her room, "I know it's wrong, but... but I can't do this without you. You need to trust me that this is going to work and it will me our secret. No one will find out. Trust me, I love you."

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I immediately found my way back towards their living room and bid Mrs Corona goodbye.

"Wait darling you just went upstairs and you're leaving?" Rapunzel's mom blurted out.

"I have to go, since my folks will be late in work and my sister is alone at the house and they just texted me like right now," I made my explanation to her, I don't want to tell her what I heard, I can't even believe what I've heard.

"Okay-" she replied.

"Uhm... please don't tell Rapunzel that I dropped by Mrs Corona," I smiled at her.

"Yeah, sure darling, take care," she said as I found my way to the door.

Rapunzel's POV:

"Mom?" I called.

"Yes?" she replied.

"I think I've heard Jack's voice?" I inquired.

"No honey, Jack was not here," she answered.

I made myself settle in my bed, "You and I tonight, I will not sleep to finish you," and I pressed play.

🌞❄

Mornings are hard for me especially when a certain something preoccupied me last night. I can smell in the kitchen a perfect harmony of bacons and pancakes. I smiled as soon as I saw my mother in the counter, "Good morning mother," I greeted her.

"Glad you're up flower," my mom responded.

"Yes because I don't have the chance to choose whether to lay back in my bed and school," she giggled in my sentiment. I kept glancing at my phone, jack hasn't sent me any messages since last night.

"Good morning Jack, is there any chance that you're going to fetch the princess?"

I smiled as I sent the message. Five minutes later he still hasn't responded.

"Did you broke your phone? Or happen to lost it? Anyways, I'll be riding with Hiccup on the way to school."

I immediately sent it.

"Something wrong Jack? You didn't even bother to pick up my calls or respond to any of my messages, I'm worried."

I took a deep breath as I made my way to Hiccup's car.

"Hey thanks Hic for picking me up," I smiled as I took a seat on the passenger seat.

"It's no problem, plus it's an honour, my princess," he replies.

"No, the pleasure is mine," I argued.

"No, it's mine," he laughed and started his car.

🌞❄

We reached DisWorks High and bid Hiccup goodbye. As I made my way to my locker, I spotted Jack and hid friends.

"When did you lose your girl Jack?" Hans commented.

"Yea, like she's a lost one in the hallways," Peter added.

"When was the last time I didn't saw you together?" Aster thought?

"Then let me walk you to your class Rapunzel," Flynn suggested it as he lands his arms around my shoulders.

"No thank you Rider," as I pushed him away. I decided to meet Jack's face and for goodness sake he didn't even bother to comment on what his jock friends did. His arms are folded in his chest and his eyes met mine. Something was totally wrong.

🌞❄

Language and communications was my second subject for today and just in luck the teachers are having their monthly meeting. Therefore it's our free time and I'm so glad that I share this subject with Jack.

He was occupying the last table, lost in his thoughts. I made my way to his table and grabbed a chair to sit in front of him. I pursed my lips as I stare at him. He neglected the fact that he was aware of my existence.

"Are we under lover's quarrel?" I asked. His eyes met mine.

"I think so, yes," he answered.

"Under what circumstances?" I inquire.

He looked at me like his stare is stabbing me a million daggers, "Of you cheating on me," he answered.

My jaw dropped because of his false accusation, "Wait, what?"

"Of you cheating on me," he repeated, "Do I need to say it again?"

"When? How?"

"Oh don't play me with your innocence Rapunzel," he said not breaking the eye connection between the two of us.

"I'm not!"

"Last night, I was in your house," he spoke, "I made my way to your room to surprise you," he admitted and shrugs, "Then I heard this man's voice telling you things like 'I know it's wrong but I love you trust me, it's going to be a secret trust me' stuffs like that," he finished unleashing his thoughts.

Upon hearing this words all I did was to laugh, "And you're laughing, Rapunzel what did I ever do that made you do things like this to me?" he whispered.

"Wait are you jealous?" it was the only words that left my mouth and continued to giggle.

"For goodness sake, you think I'm jealous? I'm mad! Okay? I'm mad," he admitted as his anger is visible and it made me stop from laughing.

"No, you've done nothing wrong except for not texting me for about 12 hours? And for not confronting me about this Jack, you know I can explain things to you," I said sweetly as I held his hands. "I was just listening to an audiobook last night and the line you just said was there and the man's voice you've heard is the narrator's voice," I utter. He just raised his eyebrows and in that moment I knew that he's not buying my explanation.

"Okay here," I grabbed my book, "turn to page 278 that paragraph with a sticky tab, that's the part," I point at him as he found the page, "and listen to this," I stand up and placed the earphones in his ears and pressed play. "See?" I smiled, "no cheating, I was made for you Jack."

"Shit!" he said as he removed the earphones, "I did accuse you cheating on me with this damn and I don't know what the hell is that," he said.

"It's an audiobook Jack," I answered him while giggling.

"Yeah an audiobook and I didn't have enough sleep because of that."

🌞❄  

This actually a 13RW revised book I hope you guys liked it

~rinny-chi