•Red Rose•

Jack's POV:

Tonight our village is throwing a gala which will be held at the town square and there was one girl I wanted to ask out. She was the most prettiest and popular girl in our village.

Her name was Elsa. (Kill me now😒😒😒.... JACKUNZEL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

She was absolutely hard to impress and no guy had the guts to ask her out. The thing was, the only way she would accept the offer was if you gave her A RED ROSE.

Red roses were hard to find here in our place since there are only few flowers that can take the cold weather and you would have to travel far to FIND AT LEAST ONE!

I really wanted a red rose to impress Elsa. I hung my head low in sadness and walked through the forest when I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry Jack didn't mean to bump into you," Punzie replied, Rapunzel she's my childhood best friend we've been together since we got in the same orphanage but now we will on our own since we are now old enough to take care of ourselves, she took my hand and smiled, "Uh... are you okay? You can't lie to me Jack we've been best friends since birth I can sense when you're sad or not now tell me what's wrong," she said, I sighed.

"I really want to impress Elsa with a red rose but there are none here in the village," I explained. She nodded her head in understanding before grabbing my hand.

"If that's what you really want I'll help you,"

"Really???!!! Thanks Punzie!" I exclaimed and hugged her tight.

"Come on follow me, I know someone who can help you," she said pulling me deep in the forest.

"Where are we going?" I asked her. She stopped abruptly in front of a brick wall with vines and leaves covering it.

"There's a tree that has the ability to grow red roses, however it comes with a sacrifice," she explained, hoisting herself on top of the wall and jumping down, I followed her and was surprised to see the biggest rose tree I ever saw.

"What is your desire?" the tree asked.

"We need a rose, my best friend wants to show his love for a girl," Rapunzel shouted. The tree went silent for a while before speaking again.

"I don't think this girl you love deserves my roses," the tree responded.

"Please, you must!" Rapunzel insisted.

"Very well, I shall give you the red rose but at a sacrifice," those words echoed in my mind, what kind of sacrifice? "Who will be willing to sacrifice their life for the rose?" the tree asked.

"Wait? Don't you think that's a little harsh for a single rose?" I asked.

"The rose is magical Jack, although no one may know. It has the, power to reverse anything. Anything, but only once," Rapunzel explained, "I'll take the sacrifice," Rapunzel said willingly.

"What? But... Punz you don't deserve to die for a flower!" I exclaimed.

"It's fine Jack, if it means you being happy then I'm okay with it," Rapunzel smiled.

The tree wrapped a branch around her and enclosed her in a cage of branches and sticks.

"That's not right! That's absurd!" I yelled in protest.

"Just go Jack, she's waiting for you, it's okay... just go to her and be happy," Rapunzel exclaimed. Another branch came towards me and a red rose flowered. I plucked it and stared at Rapunzel.

The tree branch picked me up and put me on the other side of the wall. I shed in defeat and walked to Elsa's house.

When she opened the door, she frowned, "I have the reddest rose in the world, please would you go out with me and be my date for the gala tonight?" I asked.

"The gala? With you? Uh no thanks and there's this guy, his name is Flynn, he had jewels that could buy me hundreds of roses!" she squealed. And look at me with an annoyed face, "So you may go now"

I don't know what to feel, as I walk away from Elsa's house, I saw trails of roses. I wasted Rapunzel's life for her... I should've listen now she's dead... my best friend is dead because of it.

Wait... I remember her mentioning that this rose has the power to reverse ANYTHING. Then that means I could make things go back the way it used to be... her being with me by my side. I held the rose tightly in my hand and I raced back to the magic tree and scrambled up the mossy wall, to see Rapunzel on the ground, white and cold.

"Why have you returned so soon Jack?" the tree asked.

"You were right about Elsa, she wasn't worth my time. I should've listened to you, I'm going to use the magic rose on Rapunzel, she's my best friend and she sacrificed her life for my happiness it's the least I can do for ;her," I explained while gently placing the flower up to Rapunzel's nose so she could breathe in the flower's scent.

After a while her eyes flickered open, "J-Jack? What are you doing? What about Elsa?" she asked.

"She wasn't worth it and what you just did was a reckless decision!" I said getting angry at her.

"Because I want you to be happy and you said you like Elsa," she said sadly.

"I don't care about that, you're my best friend... we've been together through thick and thin and Elsa doesn't compare to you... you're more than her," I said truthfully.

"And I want to say something to you,"

"Huh?"

I took a deep breath.

"Roses are red

Violets are blue

I have three words I need to tell you,

I want to say to you that... I love you,

Will you be mine and say I do?"

I look at her, her green emerald jade eyes are glossy and tears started to form, I put my hand on her cheeks and used my thumb to wipe away the tears, I smiled and said, "I do,"

🌞❄

Here's an update for you guys sorry for the wait
Please vote, share and comment
Thanks so much you guys😘😘😘

~rinny-chi