Rough Past

~Age 12~
I sprint through the crowds at school, 4 boys are chasing me. I run right over to the grass.

"Hey loser, why you running?" One of the guys said, and than burst out laughing.

"We don't bite." Another one yells. I'm starting to wonder if the guys even go to my school.

"But you hit." I yell back to them.

 I think there catching up to me, dang it. And just that moment I feel a hand on my back pushing me down just enough for me to stumble and fall. I tried to stand up, but they all shoved me down. I feel like crying, but I don't want to show any weakness. They pin me down and start hitting my face, every time they do that a sharp sting goes through my body.

"HEY YOU, STOP HURTING HER!" a boy yells in my direction. 

I try to look over my shoulder to see who it was but the guy on my left punched my face to the right.

"And who might you be?" one of the guys beating me up asked.

"Now names don't matter, why don't we let the girl go?" this Laurence kid asked.

"She's our play toy, so let's say no. " the guy to my right said.

"Now if you want to go undamaged kid, leave us be." one of the guys said.

"I'd preference you run-" I was cut off by a slap to my cheek. Right when that happened I was punched one more time. My vision started to go blurry. Laurence put me in his arms wedding style.

"You stay awake for me." he said. He was running into the school toward the nurses office.

"Nurse, there was a fight outside, she needs help." Laurence said. Laurence laid me on the cot while the nurse rushed over near me. My eyes started getting heavy. A rush of black waved over me, and I was out.

I was running through the forest with a long diamond sword in my hand, I look behind me and see 3 guys behind me. Somehow I know there names. The one with the blue hair name is Dante, the one with the blond hair name is Garroth, and the one with the brown hair is familiar, Laurence. As we're running we stop at a nether portal. The partials are radiating from it. A shadow knight appears from the portal, no I was mistaken, shadow knights, there has to be at least 30. I put my sword in ready position to fight. As the first one approaches, it's as if the whole world went frozen. I couldn't move, the shadow knight that approached me could though, it pushed me to a tree, put his hand to my throat and started slowly killing me.

I burst up awake.

"Honey are you alright? Your in the nurses office." the nurse said. I nodded my head yes. 

I looked around making sure there was no diamond sword or shadow Knights. I released a breath that I've been holding. I lean my head back down on the cot, while the nurse put a cold wet wash cloth on my forehead. I look over and see Laurence coloring, or is he drawing?

"Laurence, thank you." I managed to say against my dry throat. He looked up and smiled.

"No problem."