Aphmau

~Age 15~
I woke up in Laurence's flaming warm arms. I looked to the window outside, it's really dark. It must still be night. I yawned. Laurence looked so peaceful while he slept. I leaned my head up and kissed Laurence's cheek. I saw him smile. Wait is he awake?

"You little sneak." He said half asleep. I giggled.

"Aphmau?" He asked moving his gaze to my eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked. He smashed a quick kiss on my lips. He pulled away quickly to leave me there wondering why the heck did he just do that.

"Payback." He said smiling.

"You could have done that anyways." I mumbled.

"I know." He said. Wait he heard me! I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his warm chest. I could hear his soothing heartbeat. He kissed my forehead.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"I think 4:30 in the morning." He said rubbing his hand soothingly up and down my back. I yawned.

"Go back to sleep Aphmau, you need your rest." He said whispering in my ear.

"You too crazy." I said relaxing and closing my eyes, allowing the warmth of him relax myself. I slowly felt myself drift off asleep.

I'm in the dark cold forest, the wind is harsh against my skin. The air feels wet like mist, leaving fog to encircle around me. I look all around me to see a familiar blackish red person like shadow coming toward me slowly, like it's dragging itself around on the ground. Behind me was some sort of bright, also familiar, light. Which was warm and welcoming.

"Hello?" I managed to say.

"Aphmau? Is that you?" I women's voice asked. It was a sweet voice, yet she sounded anxious.

"Yes?" I said wondering if I should trust this person.

"Darling you need to get out of here quickly before the darkness reaches you. It's coming to get you, well you and your power. Hurry run, I don't have much time to warn you. Just don't let that shadow touch you for that matter don't let it come near you." The woman's voice started to fade away as she said the last couple words. I decided to listen to her because I had the feeling she was to be trusted. As the shadow got closer I felt the cold air start to sting and what almost felt like a hand started to grab my throat. I ran in the opposite direction that The shadow was coming from. I felt the shadow quicken and come closer.

"Aphmau Angel is that you?" My dads voice asked.

"Dad?" I questioned with too much hope in my voice.

"Yes Angel it's me." He said. Wait was he the shadow?

A tight push awoken me in a startle. I grabbed onto the first thing that I could feel which was Laurence's sleeve.

"Aphmau! You scared me so much! You wouldn't wake up and your temperature has been over the roof!" Laurence said panicking. I pulled him into a big hug, knowing he needed it more than I did. He gladly hugged me back, the way where I would think he'd never let me go. I heard him sniffle. Had he been crying? I put my head in his neck while he had his arms embraced around my waist burning his head in my neck as I was doing his. I looked up making him look up.

"I just had a nightmare, it's nothing to worry about." I said leaning my forehead against his.

"I'm always going to worry Aphmau." He said a little calmer and quieter.

"Your too nice Laurence, even your name is nice." I said my throat feeling dry.

"Right back at ya Aph." He said kissing the tip of my nose. He stood up and walked to the kitchen. He wet a wash cloth and folded it.

"Okay Aphmau I'm going to take care of you till my sister comes over." He said showing me to lay down. I laid down on the couch and he put the wet wash cloth on my forehead. I'm perfectly fine I don't get why I need help. A loud knock came at the door. Laurence went to open the door up.

"So how's Aphmau?" She asked.

"She just woke up, she said all she had was a nightmare... But wouldn't she just wake up if I tried to wake her?" Laurence said.

"She should've just woke up if you tried to wake her." She said. I sat up.

"H-hi Cadenza." I said, my voice starting to crack. Why the heck is it cracking?

"Hey Aphmau." She said walking over to me.
Laurence was behind her making me lay back down. I laid back down knowing I couldn't stay up without Laurence worrying. Cadenza gave me some meds and I stayed on the the couch for at least another hour or two, I lost track of time because the meds made me a little tipsy.

"Cadenza?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She she asked.

"I don't know?" I said a laugh escaped my lips. I swear I sound like a 2 year old. She rolled her eyes.

"Laurence your girlfriend here sounds drunk!" Cadenza yelled, which made me laugh a girly/not me kind of laugh. Laurence came back in here and sat on the ground next to my head which was on a pillow, on the couch. I put my hand to touch his soft hair. He pulled my hand away.

"Hey..." I said pouting.

"Aphmau calm yourself." He said.

"Night, night." I said putting my arm under my stomach and falling right back to sleep.