Laurence

~Age 15~
Aphmau laid sleeping on my chest. I looked at her and smiled. I looked back up to the sky to see a glimpse of a shooting star. Hey people say to make wishes once they see one so...

"I wish for Aphmau and I to be like this forever." I said quietly. She made a snoring noise. She so cute. Her hair was in her face so I moved some of it away, I now found myself caressing her soft cheek. I looked at her lips. Laurence STOP! Get a hold of yourself! I yelled at myself mentally. She moved her arms to hug me. I was startled by her movement. I rested my head on top of hers. I should really bring her back to her house. How about in a couple minutes... What about hours, LAURENCE GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! I hit my hand to my forehead.

"Aphmau?" I asked quietly seeing if she was awake.

"Uh, huh..." She mumbled.

"Want me to take you back to your house." I asked still in that quiet voice.

"Mhm." She mumbled. I picked her up bridal style and started walking towards the stairs. As I started up the stairs I looked at Aphmau and saw that she's sweating and gripping my sleeve in a death grip. She must be having a nightmare. I started walking towards her house and saw a shadow like figure quickly pass by the trees. I sped up to her house, I don't want her getting hurt. I opened her door and placed her on her bed. She wouldn't let go of my shirt sleeve.

"Come on Aphmau." I said trying to get her grip to release. I think she gripped tighter.

"I think there's someone outside and I need to see who it is." I said.

"You'll die if you go out there." She said starting to sit up.

"I won't, I promise you." I said. I started to stand up from kneeling but she pulled me down into a hug. I stood there for a second in surprise then hugged back. She smelled like peony's.

"I'm not taking that risk." She said rubbing her eyes. We stayed hugging, I think she's trying to stall. I started to let go but she pulled me back.

"Aphmau let me go at least close the door." I said. She let me go.

"Okay, if you don't come back within a minute I'm going searching." She said. I chuckled.

"Okay tough girl." I said jokingly. She made this face and I just laughed more. I started to walk toward the door. Right when I got to the door, I looked outside and saw a blackish red shadow run in-between trees. Should I guard her house? Why is that even a question. I don't want her hurt. I started to walk out.

"Laurence where are you going?" I heard Aphmau ask in her sleepy voice.

"I saw someone outside, I was about to go check who it is." I said.

"Nope, it's the night guards job to do that." She said looking half asleep. I sighed. She put her hands on her hips as I closed the door and locked it.

"Why again can't I go out?" I asked.

"There's something out there and I don't want another person I care about die from whatever killed my father." She said seriously.

"Okay, want me to sleep on the floor?" I asked.

"Nope, I'll get a couple blankets and you can sleep on the couch." She said.

"Thanks." I said as she went to the linen closet to grab a blanket.

"Here you go." She said handing me two wool blankets.

"Thanks." I said as I made my way to the couch and started making a little bed.