Getting to know Him

~Age 12~
After dazing at the nurses office ceiling, I finally tried to make a conversation.

"So, Laurence, I have a question." I asked.

"And I might have an answer." He said.

"Do you know someone named Garroth or Dante?" I asked.

"Yeah there my friends. Why?" He asked.

"They were in my dream." I said.

"That's weird. What was your dream about?" He asked.

"I think it was about me holding a diamond sword, with you, Garroth, and Dante behind me, there was a nether portal and shadow knights came out, about thirty. One of them came at me and time froze, but the shadow Knights did not. The shadow knight that came at me put me against a tree and choked me to death." I said shivering.

"It could have to do with the effect of you getting hurt by those guys. Anyways, why do those guys attack you?" He asked.

"They bully me, they think I'm all weak, they do that to me every week, I'm used to it by now though." I said.

"That's horrible." he said.

"Do you know my name?" I asked.

"Nope, what is it?" He asked.

"It's Aphmau." I said trying to sit up.

"That's a pretty name." He said.

"Thanks." I said smiling. 

As I sat up I finger combed my long black hair and put it into a long side braid. I took the purple ribbon on my wrist and tied off the end of my braid.

"Do you know when my dad is coming?" I asked feeling the bandages on my cheek, I hate the sticky feeling of bandages.

"Nope, but maybe in the next couple minutes." he said.

"Are you drawing something?" I asked.

"Yeah." he said.

"Can I see?" I asked.

"Sure." he said walking over to the cot and bringing his sketch book. He put the sketch book in front of me. There was a picture of a forest, it looked magical.

"It's so good!" I said smiling.

"Thanks, I learned how to draw from my friends brother, Zane." he said. I looked at the picture again one more time before handing it back.

"You can be an artist one day." I said.

"That would be cool, but I wanted to be a guard." he said doing a funny sword position. I giggled.

"What?" he asked.

"You looked funny." I said giggling again. He Ruffles his hair embarrassed. My dad walked in the room.

"Hi angel, how are you?" my dad asked. (His nickname for me is angel).

"I'm doing fine, Laurence saved me from the bullies." I said pointing toward Laurence.

"Good job kid." my dad said giving Laurence a high five. I stood up from the cot and gave my dad a hug. My dad went over to talk to the nurse.

"Hey maybe my dad likes you, he doesn't like boys." I whispered to Laurence. We both giggle. My dad came over and took my hand.

"Time to go home angel." He said.

"Bye Laurence." I waved to Laurence as I left the room.