Laurence

~Age 15~
My sword slashes against the wooden target. I knock it over with one more hit.

"Did you break another one Laurence?" Garroth asked.

"I don't think so, hopefully, I don't want to give up anymore diamonds for another wooden dummy." I said wiping my emerald sword rid of wood dust.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did, it's like your pissed at the thing for not staying alive." He said.

"I want to get a big metal one so it doesn't break as fast." I said.

"Well Laurence, save up you money." Garroth said.

"So is it time for school yet?" I ask.

"Not for another 5 minutes till we have to leave." Garroth said.

"Okay." I said. A guard appeared, he looked old. Probably around the age of 56, (that's my version of old I guess). When he looked over at me, he seemed familiar, I know I've seen him somewhere. Oh I know who this is.

"Are you Aphmau's dad?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"You looked familiar." I said.

"Oh, wait, is this Laurence?" He asked.

"Yeah, is Aphmau in town too?" I asked.

"Yep, go visit her if you like. We're in the house with the purple lilac garden in the front." He said.

"Okay, thanks." I said.

"Hey Garroth, I'm heading out early, leave without me." I called over.

"Okay." He called back over to me. I hopped over past the gate and to the house with purple lilacs. I knocked on the door, and about a couple seconds later the door opened. I didn't make eye contact afraid someone else opened the door.

"Hello Ms." I said. Eek, I sound weird.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She asked.

"I'm looking for a girl named Aphmau, I saw her father and he said she would be here." I said. I sound to official, like I'm about to arrest someone.

"Laurence?" she asked. I looked at her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Aphmau?" I asked. Oh my gosh, how did I not know it was her, I'm such an idiot.

"Yep." She said smiling. It's like her warm smile can light up a sun.

"I was just about to head to school, and I saw your dad, and since I haven't seen you for a while, I though what the heck I'll visit her." I said. She giggled.

"Me too, I just moved back here." She said.

"That'll explained why I saw your dad today." I said.

"So are we aloud to bring swords to school, or is it against school rules?" She's asked.

"We're aloud to have them on us, but can't use them unless we're told we can." I said.

"So let me guess, were never aloud to use them." She said.

"Heh, were aloud to use them during training, or how everyone else puts it gym." I said.

"Anyways, I'm going to go grab my sword and put my plate into the sink, I'll be a minute, you can come stand in the house if you'd like." She said. I stepped inside the house while she scrambled over to the table to put the plate in the sink. I looked around her house, it had a lot of purple accents. I forgot it's her favorite color, that's why this is the only house with purple lilacs. I leaned against the wall looking at my shoes. She came back over a minute later.

"You ready to go?" I ask.

"Yep." Aphmau and I left for school, heh, like the "Old Days".