Laurence

~Age 15~
Aphmau has been inside of the girls locker room for over 20 minutes. It never takes that long. I start to pace.

"Laurence are you okay?" Katelyn asked.

"Y-yeah, w-why wouldn't I-I be?" I asked.

"For one thing your packing like a turtle stressing out about a pacer test." Katelyn said. I clamped my hands together and stopped pacing.

"Now what are you even worried about?" She asked.

"Aphmau has been inside the girls locker room for over 20 minutes and was injured badly." I said. I realized Katelyn was covering her wound with her hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's one weird girl for hurting me that much. Anyways it's not my business to worry about her, I say you should go in the locker room to go see if she's okay." I swear I heard Katelyn laugh when she said that.

"I think I might." I said.

"Your serious?" She asked. I nodded my head. I'm so going to regret this. I ran over to the girls locker room. I ran inside to see Aphmau laying on he ground unconscious. I run to her. Dammit Aphmau you just had to act tough. I pick her up in my arms and move a piece of hair from her face. She was so beautiful, like a ray of sunshine. I checked her pulse. She had a low but steady heart beat. Katelyn ran in the locker room.

"Katelyn go get help NOW!" I yelled. Katelyn ran out and I heard her call out for the teacher. I felt Aphmau twitch around like she's in pain. The teacher ran in.

"Laurence take her to the nurses right now!" The teacher yelled. I nodded my head. I ran out of the locker room with Aphmau in my arms. I headed inside the building and ran down the hallway. I saw the principle glance over at us in the hallway. I headed into the nurses office. The nurse ran over.

"What happened?" The nurse asked.

"Aphmau was dueling Katelyn and got injured. She went inside the locker room acting like it was no big deal then 20 minutes later I found her unconscious on the locker room floor." I said watching the nurse wrap her stomach in bandages. I'm pacing between the doorway and the wall. What if she dies? Would it be all my fault? I should have helped her before she went into the locker room! I stopped pacing once the principle walked in. Why is she here? I sat down on the chair across from Aphmau.

"So what happened to her?" The principle asked.

"After a duel with Katelyn she was injured and fainted." Said the nurse. I wanted to say she won and was injured.

"Did she win?" The principle asked.

"Yes, she beat Katelyn." I said.

"That really is some weird girl." The principle said. I would argue but I keep my mouth shut.

"How hard were they fighting? How hard was the injury?" The principle asked.

"They were fighting like they were going to kill but they weren't going to kill." I said.

"That's quite odd, she'd be one of the couple that has beat Katelyn." The principle said.

"Yeah." I said. I heard a loud yawn. I looked over and Aphmau was hugging the pillow that was supposed to be under her head. I laughed. The nurse was trying to get the pillow from her to out it back under her head.

"This... Is... My... Pillow..." Aphmau said half asleep. I laughed even harder. I think I hear the principle even laugh a little bit. When was the last time the principle laughed? I stood up and walked next to Aphmau's cot. I kneeled down.

"Aphmau, can I put the pillow your holding under your head?" I asked in a low voice. She released a long breath and loosened up her arms. I tugged a the pillow a few times before she fully let go. I lift her head slightly and put the pillow there. I started to stand up but was stopped when she gripped my wrist.

"Sit..." She mumbled. I sat next to the cot her her hand still gripped my wrist. I think she's asleep. The school bell rang. A few minutes later Garroth came in.

"So how is she?" He asked me.

"She's asleep." I said quietly.

"So she's fine?" He asked mimicking my quiet tone.

"Yeah." I said. Aphmau's pulse started to quicken and her hand was starting to sweat.

"Garroth go get the nurse!" I panicked. Laurence turned the corner and called for the nurse. What happened? The nurse ran in.

"What happened?" She asked getting a rag and wetting it.

"She just started almost like sleep panicking." I said. She placed the rag on Aphmau's forehead. Aphmau turned around in her sleep and grabbed the pillow and hugged it, again. I tried to move her back on her back so she wouldn't fall off the bed but her eyes sprouted open. She quickly pushed me away from her and nailed me to the ground with what I'm guess is a fake sword. I think her eyes just flickered or something because she released the grip on me and stood up.

"What happened?" She asked looking embarrassed.

"You were fainted and I brought you to the nurses room." I said.

"Why was I trying to kill you?" Aphmau asked.

"I don't know, maybe you had a bad dream that you thought was real." I said.

"Oh, yeah, I'm guessing you were the shadow knight I was trying to kill." Aphmau said.

"Heh." I said.

"Hey doesn't this remind you of the first time we met?" She asked.

"Yeah, except you won the fight... Sort of." I said.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Well we have one more class left, if you want to make it." I said.

"Sure! I think I have science next." She said.

"We both don't have science next, but would you want us to walk you there?" Garroth asked.

"Sure!" She replied reaching for her belt to check for her sword.

"Where's my sword?" She asked.

"It's right here, I brought it just in case." Garroth said handing her, her sword.

"Thanks." She said putting her sword on her belt and secured it.

"Let's go." I said.