Chapter 1: Oddly familiar eyes

Sakuno's POV

"Oh no! I'm late! Oba-chan needs to see these papers before the practice starts!" Sakuno Ryuzaki was thinking to herself as she hurriedly walks towards Sheishun Gakuen, her school. Her grandma asked her to get some papers from home that she forgot this morning.

"Hi! Hi!" A cheerful and angelic voice startled her. She turned around and saw a smiling girl looking at her.

"U-waa!" Sakuno cried as she threw all the papers in the air in surprise.

"Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!" The girl said while helping her pick up the papers.

"S-sorry I'm just easily startled." said Sakuno as they finished picking it all up.

"Anyway, are you a student here?" The girl asked her while smiling. Sakuno can't help but stare at her. The girl is probably a year ahead of her, she's tall and her body's fully developed. Her long hair is the color of dark ashes with an ombre effect to a subtle green and it goes down to big curls on the ends. She has a pair of bright brown eyes that seem oddly familiar to Sakuno and she has a smile that makes you feel warm. 'wow she's so beautiful' Sakuno thought to herself.

"Are you okay?" The girl cut her thoughts.

"O-oh s-sorry yes I'm okay. I do study here. Uhm, can I help you?" Sakuno asked while blushing because of embarrassment for spacing out.

The girl smiled at her "Do you know where the tennis courts are?"

"Hai! Uhm, you can come with me I'm headed that way. I'll show you" Sakuno offered.

"Really? Thank you!" The girl happily said. They walked in the school towards the tennis courts. They aren't many other students around since classes are over and the only ones left at school are the athletes who has practices.

As they near the tennis courts Sakuno stopped before one building. "Uhm, I'll be going upstairs to give this to my grandmom in her office, uhm, the tennis courts are just around the corner."

"Arigato gozaimasu!" The pretty nee-san waved to her and happily continued towards the courts.

"Oh! I forgot to ask her name!" Sakuno thought and walked upstairs to the office.

------------------------

Third Person POV

The sound of tennis balls being rallied are filling the air.

"Hoi! Hoi!" Eiji Kikumaru shouted as he backflip before hitting a shot towards the other court.

"Game and match, Kikumaru-Oishi pair! 6 games to 4!"

"Nice Eiji!" Oishi said as they high five each other.

"Tsch. You're really good senpais!" Momoshiro smirked as he wiped his sweat.

"Its your fault we lost. Hisssssssssss." Kaidoh whispered while taking a sip from his water bottle.

"What did you say Viper?!" Momoshiro turned to Kaidoh annoyingly.

"What?! Do you want to fight?!" Kaidoh grabbed Momoshiro's shirt as Momo grabbed his and they continue bickering while fists are raised.

"Hey stop it already Kaidoh, Momoshiro!" Oishi said while tearing them apart.

"BURRRNIIIINNNGGGG!!!" Takashi Kawamura was having a match with Shusuke Fuji on the next court.

"Data data" Sadaharu Inui whispered as he writes something on his notebook.

"Eh? Where could Echizen have gone to this time?" Horio asked while picking up balls in the courts.

"He said he'll be getting juice." Kachiro and Katsuo shrugged.

----------------------

Ryoma's POV

"Hmmm what should I get?" Ryoma asked himself. He pretends to look at other drinks but always ends up picking the grape Ponta. He opens the can and sits on the bench beside the vending machine. He adjusted his cap to block the hot sun from his eyes when suddenly a shadow appeared over him.

"Ryoma"

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

A/N:

Hi everyone! This is my first ever story! I've recently watched a marathon of Prince of Tennis and was inspired to do this fan fic. Forgive me if there is and would be mistakes along the way esp in Japanese words/expressions. Please please comment your thoughts and I hope you enjoy! Thank you!!!