Chapter 25: Dinner party

Echizen's House

"Tadaima!" Ryaka called as she came in.

"Rye-chan here at the kitchen!" Nanako called to her.

She walked towards the kitchen and saw her okaa-san busy with cooking something in the pan. She hugged her from behind and got a whiff of the food being cooked.

"Mmmmmm. Smells delicious!" She said happily. She let go of the hug and grabbed a spoon to taste the sauce on the pan.

"Sugoi~! It's so good! As expected of my mother!" She cried happily.

"You flatter me too much Rye-chan." Rinko smiled warmly at her.

"Alright oka-san I'll go ahead and change and help you and Nanako out here." she said as she went to her room to get changed.

She went downstairs and saw Ryoga coming in the front door.

"Hey Ryoga-nii, where have you been?"

"I went out to buy the drinks for later." Ryoga said as he put the plastics full of drinks in the table.

"I'll help you with that." Ryaka said. They put all the drinks Ryoga bought, in their fridge.

Ryaka helped prepared the food in the kitchen and she also baked a huge cake. She wrote in "Goodluck in the World Tournament!" and decorated it with fresh strawberries and icing.

"Oh its almost time for them to arrive!" Ryaka said as she looked at the time. They are almost finished in setting up the table.

*Ding dong*

"That must be them." Nanako said.

"I'll get it Nanako-chan!" Ryaka said as she went to let the visitors in.

"Hi~ hi~! Ryaka-chan~! We came!" Eiji cheerfully greeted her.

"Here Ryaka-san, I brought some sushi as well." Kawamura said.

"Arigato gozaimasu! Your sushi is definitely my favorite!" Ryaka said as she let them in.

"Everyone! The Seigaku team is here!" Ryaka called out.

"So where's the shorty?" Ryoga asked.

"I had Kunimitsu-kun delay him a little." She said.

She handed out drinks to everyone as they wait for Tezuka and Ryoma's arrival.

---------

Ryoma's POV

"Captain? Are you walking me home?" He asked because Tezuka didn't turn on his block.

"Yeah. I have something I needed to discuss with Ryaka."

"Can't you do it tomorrow?" He asked suspiciously.

"Its something urgent." Tezuka said with finality.

He let out a sigh and continued walking.

"Tadaima!" He said as they enter the house. He was surprised to see so many shoes out front.

"Nee-san?" He called out.

"Chibisuke? Is that you? I'm in the dining area." Ryaka called back to him.

They went to the dining area and saw everyone was there.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Yours and Ryoga's goodluck party!" Nanako happily clapped.

"Hey, leave me out of it." Ryoga said as he sipped his juice in the corner.

"Pffft. Such a party pooper you are Ryoga-nii." Ryaka pouted at him.

"Alright, come now. Let's have dinner." Rinko said and everyone took their seats.

"Itadakimasu!"

"Ryoma, your mother's cooking is wonderful!" Oishi said as they were eating.

"Now we know where Ryaka-san got her cooking skills." Momo said.

"Teehee. Yeap! Okaa-san has taught me a lot." Ryaka agreed.

He just ate there quietly and thinking after all the time he's been with Seigaku, this is the first time they had come to his house to have a dinner party such as this one.

---------

Ryaka's POV

"Kuni-kun, thanks for your help." Ryaka said as they all finished eating and are resting at the living room. Tezuka just nodded at her. They looked at everyone having fun.

Momo and Kaido are playing video games aggressively on one side.

"Look at those two, playing Tekkun. They're really into it aren't they?" Oishi said as they observe Momo and Kaido.

"Well, its a game they can freely beat each other up." Inui said.

While on the other side, Fuji, Eiji, Ryoma and Kawamura are playing cards.

After a couple of hours, the Seigaku members got up and get ready to go home.

"Thank you for having us." Tezuka said to Rinko.

"The food was amazing!" Momo said.

"Alright, take care on your way home everyone." Ryaka said as she accompanied them to the door.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

A/N:

Yosh! Sorry if the updates might get a little slower for the next days (but I'll try my best!) its just that I have been writing this story everyday since I first posted and my mind needs a little break. Hihi. But I promise to update as steady as I can!

I can't thank everyone enough for supporting this story. :)