Chapter 27: Yips in a good way?

Tezuka's POV

'She's really a one of a kind woman.' He thought to himself as he shook his head in disbelief.

Ryaka as usual is skipping happily and is taking in her surroundings. He had observed her to be a fan of nature and architecture.

He led her to a cafe near the station. This was where he saw them that one time.

"Kuni-kun, what would you like to order?" Ryaka asked him as they are seated and looking at the menu.

"I'll have coffee." He said.

"Hmmmm. What should I order?" Ryaka said thoughtfully.

"You should try their parfait, its popular." He suggested and Ryaka looked at him excitedly.

"Really? Then I'll have that!" She said and repeated their orders to the waitress.

Their orders came in no time and he watched as Ryaka happily dug in on her parfait.

"This is really good! Nom nom nom." Ryaka said.

"I heard it is." He nodded.

"What? You haven't had this?"

"No. I usually order coffee here."

"And you're the one who suggested this to me." Ryaka said with a little frown.

"Well bec-----" he was caught midday sentence when a spoon full of fruits and cream was shoved in his mouth.

"There! Now you had a taste!" Ryaka winked at him while still holding the spoon.

The world seemed to have stopped spinning and all he can see is Ryaka smiling playfully at him and her hand stretched out to give him that spoonful. Roses floated around Ryaka and he was unable to move or react, it seemed like Yips... but in a good way. This was the first time he felt this.

"Kuni-kun?" He snapped back to reality and saw Ryaka's confused face. "You don't like it?"

"N-no. Its good. I was just surprised." He said as he felt heat on his face. 'Why am I blushing?' he mentally scolded himself.

"Teehee." Ryaka said as she returned to eating her parfait.

"Oh." Ryaka suddenly said as she took a paper napkin and wiped the side of his mouth. "You have some cream here. Haha." She laughed a little.

Tezuka felt his cheek burn.

---

"Rye, I was surprised you didn't go with them." He asked after a while.

"Hmmm. I wanted to but I still have some things to finish with the Seigaku members' training. I can't leave it behind." Ryaka said.

"Your program has made a very significant improvement on our members." He told her.

"I think Seigaku has something that makes you all different. Your members have the drive to be better and better. Seeing someone strong doesn't intimidate them but inspires them instead. They also help each other out and not only think of themselves. That is a vital trait that makes Seigaku a strong force to be reckon with." Ryaka said as she looked out the window.