Chapter 29: Echizen-Tachibana pair

Tezuka's POV

"Hey have you heard? The guys who were causing trouble earlier are going to have a match with two girls." A random guy said.

"Really? But they defeated everyone and even caused some injuries. How can two girls go against them? They might be in trouble!" Another said.

"I heard them say its that girl, the one who frequents these courts and she's with another girl who we've never seen before. Let's go look!" A third guy said as they ran.

Tezuka overheard the conversation and wasn't giving much attention until he realized who it could be. He instantly knew it can only be An Tachibana and Ryaka they're talking about.

He quickly ran and followed the guys. He wasn't able to come back right away because he got a phone call before going to the vending machine and there's too many guys buying drinks so he had to wait.

'Rye, you better not be participating in a match.' he thought but somehow he has a strong feeling that she is indeed the one being mentioned.

He reached the court where almost everyone is gathering.

"RYE!" He shouted. Heads turned to his direction even Ryaka and An's.

"Oh Kuni-kun, just in time. The match is about to start." Ryaka waved at him.

He ran towards her. "What are you doing? What is with this match???"

An came and explained it to him. He quickly put his bag down and was about to take his racket out when Ryaka's hand stopped him.

"But Rye, if that's the case then let me play them." He said.

"Kuni-kun, you've been with my brother long enough to know that we Echizens don't back down from challenges, especially when our opponents think so low of us." Ryaka smiled.

"But---"

"No more buts, it'll be okay." She winked.

"Hey! What's the hold up?! Are you girls chickening out and crying on your boyfriend already? BWAHAHAHAHAHA." The two guys laughed out loud.

"Why you----" he stood up to face them.

"Kuni-kun..." Ryaka stopped him.

He let out a sigh. "Alright but you only have 30 minutes. Win or loose, this match is going to stop." He said.

"Hai hai~!" Ryaka said as she happily went to her position.

An followed reluctantly.

'Echizen's going to be mad about this.' He thought to himself thinking of how protective Ryoma is to his sister.

Tezuka is also aware of Ryaka's heart condition, that is why she can't be a full pledge tennis player herself. He's heard about Ryaka's amazing tennis skills which she got from her father as well as during the training she did with her brother Ryoga where she is the one giving him training programs while diligently assessing him. But he's never seen her play before.