Chapter 57: Somewhere

Fuji's POV

Fuji is lying on his bed with his sharp blue eyes pointed upwards even though he can see nothing but darkness and the white ceiling illuminated by the moon light.

He was recalling the events outside Kawamura's Sushi restaurant. He had finally decided to tell Ryaka how he feels for her. First in a very long time, he had done something completely for the sake of his feelings and not for anyone else. But it all fell apart. Was it fate? A sign? No. He doesn't believe in things as trivial as those. But somehow, something always happens that forbids him to express his true feelings for the Echizen girl.

"Tezuka... You're ahead of me, even with her?" He murmured to the darkness as he clenched his fists. He knew well enough that Ryaka and Tezuka has feelings for each other. It had all been observations up until that night when he saw them at the hilltop.

- flashback -

Fuji had taken a different route home because he had something to pick up from a store. He proceeded to walk the path going home that will pass by a small hill with a big sakura tree that overlooks the city.

He was both surprised to see Ryaka and Tezuka there. It seems that they are talking about something really serious and he decided not to interrupt. He instead stopped by a tree and looked over them. He couldn't hear what they were saying but it seems Ryaka was apologizing for something since she is bowing her head. Fuji's sharp blue eyes widened as he saw Tezuka kiss Ryaka right there and then.

He abruptly turned around and walked back the direction he came with an unusual feeling in his chest.

- end of flashback -

Fuji sighed and buried his face in his pillow, the unusual feeling in his chest returned.

---------------------

Ryaka's POV

*ping*

Ryaka was currently working on something in her laptop when a chat box appeared. It was Kunimitsu.

--

Tezuka Kunimitsu:

Rye, are you free tomorrow?

Echizen Ryaka:

Hello Kuni-kun. I am, why?

Tezuka Kunimitsu:

Meet me at the station 6am tomorrow.

Echizen Ryaka:

Where are we going?

Tezuka Kunimitsu:

Somewhere. I'll see you in the morning. Good night Rye.

Echizen Ryaka:

Somewhere?

Echizen Ryaka:

Kuni-kun?