Chapter 53: Back to normal ...?

Ryaka's POV

Ryaka watches her mother each day, Rinko was getting better and stronger. Her uncle Imuto said that it might be because everyone's giving Rinko their love and support.

School had already started and Ryaka's attending Seigaku now for the last term of her middle school. She refused to join the Seigaku female tennis club because rather than being a player, she enjoys being a manager and a trainer to the Seigaku male tennis club more. She finds happiness in  helping and seeing them improve more and more as the days go by.

After practice, she gathered her things and headed out. Ryoma was waiting for her.

"Nee-san, let's go?" Ryoma asked as he stood up with his tennis bag on his shoulder.

"Hai." She smiled at her little brother.

"Say Chibisuke, we didn't get to talk about your World Tournament." She asked.

"Mhm. What about it nee-san?" Ryoma looked up to her.

"Tell me about it, and I'll tell you about the Muroshi Camp we went to." She smiled and they stopped at a convenience store. She dragged Ryoma in to buy some snacks and drinks.

They went to the nearby park and sat on a bench. This was the same park that she and Tezuka went to before, the one near the street tennis courts.

"So...? C'mon Chibisuke, tell me about it! How strong were they?" She tugged on Ryoma's sleeve.

"Tsch. Mada mada dane." Ryoma said.

"Pfft. You're really bad at conversations. How will you get a girlfriend that way???" She frowned at him.

"Not interested in one." Ryoma said with an annoyed face.

"Hmmm. Really? How about Sakuno-chan?" Ryaka teased.

"R-Ryuzaki? W-what?????" Ryoma stammered a bit and blushed.

"Oooo so you do like Sakuno-chan! Kyaaa~! I ship RyoSaku!" Ryaka said dreamily with animated hearts in her eyes and all around her.

Ryoma blushed an even deeper red. "Nee-san what are you talking about??? Stop it!" Ryoma scowled at her.

"Yiii Chibisuke! I'm so glad you're not like Ryoga-nii. That guy's hopeless." Ryaka said, still giggling and teasing her brother.

Ryoma was looking away trying to ignore her while she continued to tease him. A tennis ball bounced towards them and landed near their feet.

"Oh. Who could this be?" She said as she picked the ball up.

"Gomen! That was ours!" The voice of a little boy said. Ryaka looked up and saw two young boys running towards them waving their rackets.