Chapter 23: The wallpaper

Seigaku Tennis Courts

Ryaka's POV

'Everyone's pumped up today.' Ryaka thought. 'Maybe because its performance evalutation day again.'

They had the same matches that they did a while back during her first day.

This time, its done to evaluate the players' improvements with the help of the specialized programs she developed for them.

Also the reason for the extensive training is to shape the upcoming regulars once the third year graduates.

Kaido, Momoshiro and Ryoma are the only ones who will remain when graduation comes. Tezuka and Oishi are still deciding which one between Kaido and Momoshiro is going to be the captain and vice-captain.

--

Ryaka is watching each and every player diligently. She makes mental notes on their movements especially their techniques. She also calls out real time advices while the players are in the match.

"Kachiro, plant your feet more firmly when you serve."

"Horio, you need to tighten your grip even more."

"Katsuo, be wary of your back hand. Bend your knees more."

"Ikeda, put more spin on your balls."

"Arai, your power is good but it needs to be more precise. Don't force your wrist too much, balance out the power and make use of your whole arm instead of just the wrist."

----------

Tezuka's POV

"I'm still amazed with her change in personality when in training. She's really serious and strict as well." Oishi said to him.

"Yeah." He said.

All the regulars are watching Ryaka with awe. Her evaluations are always specific.

He knows this side of Ryaka well. She's like this during their training days at the center in Germany. She's always focused and strict but goes back to being sweet and caring.

He likes seeing different sides of her and this one is his favorite. Her bright eyes that are always full of happiness turns into eyes full of focus and determination.

---

After practice everyone gathered around.

"Alright! That concludes the evaluation practices. Please bear in mind the advices that were given to you and put more effort in overcoming your recommended areas of improvement." Coach Ryuzaki said.

"Hai!" Everyone answered.

"Dismissed!" Tezuka announced as everyone went to get changed.

"Thank you for your hard work Rye." Tezuka said as he approached Ryaka.

Ryaka smiled at him "This is really fun Kuni-kun. I can't stop thinking to myself how happy I am that I came back here."

They stood in silence while looking at the others.