Chapter 45: Bonfire flashback

Ryaka's POV

Everyone clapped their hands at the beautiful sight of the bonfire.

"Also, I would like to introduce to all of you, the man who made this camp happen, the CEO of Muroshi Group, Akihito Muroshi!" Takumi Muroshi gestured to his side and an old man about 80yrs old dressed in a suit came and stood beside him.

'Akihito Muroshi... I've seen that old man before. Oh maybe in magazines, Eiji-kun mentioned that he's featured a lot.' Ryaka shook off her thoughts and listened to the older Muroshi's speech.

"I would like to thank all of you for accepting our invitation to attend this camp. I have personally witnessed you play during the Nationals tournament and I saw great potential in each of you. You may have been aware that I, together with the Muroshi Group am conducting this camp to scout tennis players who we think can make it big in the tennis world. This was the very first time we have invited middle school players to attend and I must say that you are worth the change. I have great hopes in all of you, do your best!" Akihito Muroshi finished his speech.

Ryaka glanced around her and aside from the clapping of hands she saw smiles and eyes with fire greater than that of the bonfire's. Every single one of these players around her are burning with passion for tennis.

'Chibisuke, I wish you were here.' Ryaka thought, missing her little brother.

She was thinking about Ryoma and Ryoga when a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Ryaka Echizen-san." She looked at the owner of the voice and saw Takumi and Akihito Muroshi in front of her.

"Uwa! Hai. Thanks for inviting me together with them for this camp. Takumi Muroshi-san, Akihito Muroshi-san." Ryaka bowed in respect for the two men.

Takumi has a stoic aura in him which reminded her of Tezuka when she first met him while the older Muroshi smiled warmly at her.

"Don't you remember me Ryaka-chan?" Akihito Muroshi said.

"Uhm... Have we met before Muroshi-san?" Ryaka asked confused.

"Ehe, looks like Ryaka-chan has forgotten about me after all. You even helped me out at the street in New York." Akihito said.

"New York...? Kyaaa~!!! You're that oji-san???? Waa! It is you! Gomenasai Oji-san I didn't recognize you in your suit!" Ryaka suddenly remembered where he saw him.

Akihito Muroshi just laughed.