Chapter 40: The invitation

Ryaka's POV

The days passed by quickly, and the week was almost over. They also heard the news that both Ryoga and Ryoma has passed the preliminaries for the World Tournament and the next days will be the main tournament itself.

Ryaka had been diligently taking notes of the airing dates and live coverage for the tournament.

She was standing next to Tezuka and Fuji while watching the practices on the courts when her phone buzzed. She keeps her phone on vibrate mode while practice so it won't disturb the others.

She took it out and saw Hannah's face on the screen.

"Hey Hannah!" She happily answered.

Tezuka turned to her and she smiled at him confirming it was their friend Hannah.

"Yeah I'm at Seigaku at the moment. Uhuh, practice. Whoa really?? Congratulations!! Yeah sorry I haven't seen the list for the women's division yet. Mmm. Yeap. I'm so happy for you Hannah! Oh? Yeah he's here with me. Want to talk to him? Okay." She talked on her phone.

"Kuni-kun, Hannah wants to talk to you." She handed him her phone and turned to Fuji.

"Sorry if I'm too noisy Shu-kun." She apologized and used the new nickname she gave him.

"Heh, its okay Rye. Seems to be a good news." Fuji replied.

"Yeap! Our friend Hannah, the one you met at Germany, she's joined the World Tournament too and passed the preliminaries. I'm just glad she's back in the pro tennis world." She smiled.

"That's really nice." Fuji smiled to her.

"Indeed."

Tezuka handed her phone back.

"Hey, yeah.. okay, call me about it okay? Good luck Hannah! Do your best! Bye." She hung up and put her phone back in her pocket.

"Regulars! To my office, and you too Ryaka-chan!" Coach Ryuzaki called out to them they hurried after her.

---------------

Third Person's POV

The regulars and Ryaka are gathered at Coach Ryuzaki's office.

"Is there something wrong Coach?" Inui asked.

Coach Ryuzaki is quiet and is holding a letter in one hand.

"I have news for you." Coach Ryuzaki said.