Chapter 22: Team Echizen

Echizen's house.

Ryaka's POV

Two days after they came back from the beach, Ryaka was thinking of the programs she'll be updating for the Seigaku members. She was pulling all nighters for these.

"Rye-chan." Ryoga knocked on her door before coming in.

"Hey, what's up Ryoga-nii?"

"I'm going back to the US in a few days. We have to start the practices for the World Tournament." Ryoga said.

"So will you still go through with your plan?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll take Ryoma with me."

"But, have you already asked him about this?"

"I plan to, later today."

"Goodluck then, Ryoga-nii."

"Rye-chan, you've been spending too much time on those, you can at least take it a little easy." Ryoga said while sitting on her bed side.

She turned the chair towards him and smiled. "I love doing this you know, its just that, I finally got to do what I've always wanted to do."

"I know, but---"

"Ryoga-nii, I'll be okay. You won't be able to focus on your training if you kept thinking about me. Besides, I'm here with oka-san, oyaji and Nanako." She got up from the chair, sat beside him and leaned on him.

Ryoga wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry for being too paranoid."

"Heh, its okay. Also, I've been away too many times when I'm on tour remember?" She asked.

"Yeah, but you have a lot of people guarding you there. But yeah you're right, the family is here. They'll be taking care of you." Ryoga said.

"I'm a big girl now too you know." She pouted at him and Ryoga gave a chuckle.

Ryoga was always like this. It took months before she finally convinced him to let her sign the singing contract and go on tours. During her first tours Ryoga would always accompany her and almost gave up on Tennis just to be with her. She wouldn't allow it because she knows how much Ryoga love tennis and Ms. Mayuri assured Ryoga that she'll take care of her. When Ryoga saw that everything's fine he finally gave in and let her go without him and he continued tennis.

Ryaka understands Ryoga's strong protective instinct towards her. They were each others support system throughout their childhood, and Ryoga did everything for her. That is why their bond is deeper than anyone else.

----------

Ryoma's POV

He's playing tennis in the temple court with his dad when Ryoga came.

"Finally! Someone who can equal me, Ryoga take this brat's place. He's way too boring." Nanjiroh called out to Ryoga.

He suddenly made a twist serve and almost hit his face but Nanjiro was fast and dodged it.

"HEY! What was that for?!" Nanjiroh scolded him.

"Well, you called me boring soo...." He said as he adjusted his cap.

Ryoga laughed at the scene. "Hey I got something to tell you two."

"What about?" He asked.

"The world tournament." Ryoga answered.

"Not interested!" Nanjiroh dropped his racket and went to the bell, he laid and grabbed one of his magazines.

"Tsch. You old geezer." Ryoma rolled his eyes at him.

"Anyways Chibisuke, I want to ask you something." Ryoga turned to him.

"What?"

"Do you want to come with me and participate?" Ryoga casually asked while eating an orange.

"...."

Ryoga was just staring at him. Nanjiroh also put his magazine down for a while and waited for his response.

"No."

"What!? No?!" Ryoga asked, surprised at him.

"I said no."

Nanjiroh snickered and returned to browsing his magazine.

"Why not? Nationals are over isn't it? You even participated at the US Open."

"I just don't want to."

"Tssss. Even Rye-chan said this will be good for you."

"Nee-chan said so?"

"Yeah she even said she's looking forward to it because she hasn't seen the both of us in the same tournament." Ryoga said with a smile forming on his lips.

"Tsch. Whatever." He went to go back to the house.

----------

Ryoga's POV

"Ha! I knew he'd come." He said as he finish off his orange.

"You're sly Ryoga. You used Rye-chan. You know if its her he won't be able to say no." Nanjiroh said.

"You know its best for him too. He can't be just stuck with middle school tournaments. Its necessary for him to grow."

"Sly and stubborn. Looks like you are indeed my sons after all." Nanjiroh agreed.

"Like you can even deny us." Ryoga smirked at his dad.

"By the way, you want to coach?" He added.

"Team Echizen!" Nanjiroh shouted.

"Oyaji, don't even go there." Ryoga lost his smirk and was replaced with a disgusted face.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

A/N:

I loooove the Echizens! *hands out oranges from Ryoga*