Chapter 38: Back to Seigaku

Rinko's POV

Rinko came in to wake Ryaka up and saw her sleeping peacefully while hugging her favorite panda. Karupin is also sleeping on her bed.

She's glad Karupin didn't sneak into Ryoma's luggage this time. They were really worried when Karupin has gone missing when Ryoma went to the US for the US Open.

The first time Karupin met Ryaka was when she came back to Japan a few weeks ago but the cat has been attached to her immediately. Maybe because Karupin always sees Ryaka's picture in Ryoma's room.

She gently sat on Ryaka's bed side and stroked her hair. 'Our beautiful princess, you weren't just a stepdaughter to me, you have always been a real daughter. It pained me when you and Ryoga went away, but I'm really glad you're here with us now... especially at a time like this. I know you'll always keep those boys and your father together if ever, if ever I---' She shook her head to stop the thoughts.

"Rye-chan... wake up princess." She said.

"Mmmm.. okaa-san?" Ryaka sleepily replied.

"Yes, Rye-chan its almost time for your practice." She smiled at Ryaka and stood up.

"Thank you for waking me up okaa-san." Ryaka smiled back at her.

"Alright, get ready and come down for breakfast okay?" She said as she head for the door.

"Hai!"

------------------

Ryaka's POV

She dressed into her tennis outfit and grabbed her bag before heading downstairs.

"Good morning okaa-san! Thanks for waking me up earlier." She said as she sat down.

"You're welcome Rye-chan. Let's eat." Rinko said while putting the rice on the table.

"Itadakimasu!"

"Okaa-san, where's Nanako-chan?" She asked.

"She left early for college today. She said she's got some thing to do since their semester already started." Rinko replied.

"Speaking of which, school's back in a month huh. I must make the most of what's left with vacation." She thoughtfully said.

"You should, and the World Tournament will also be starting this week for the preliminaries." Rinko said.

"Hai, I wonder how they're doing."

They ate for a few more moments and she got up to leave.

"Thanks for the food okaa-san, I'll be going now. Tell me if you need me and I'll come home right away okay?" She said and waved goodbye.

She feels a bit hesitant to leave the house with her okaa-san alone. She knows she must be feeling lonely especially now that her dad is with Ryoga and Ryoma in the US.