Chapter 4: Echizen Siblings

Ryaka's POV

"Coach Ryuzakiiiiii~!" Ryaka cheerfully exclaimed while entering the coach's office. She immediately threw her a hug. "It's been a while~!"

"Ryaka-chan, I'm happy to see you. Welcome back." The coach replied with a huge smile.

"Arigato~" Ryaka beamed at the coach. She was able to meet the coach when Coach Ryuzaki visited their father in America. She taught Ryaka some tennis while she was there.

"I appreciate you doing this Ryaka-chan." The coach's face suddenly turned serious. So does Ryaka's.

"Hai. First off, I'd like to properly see matches between the members, even those who aren't part of the regular team. I do understand this happens during rankings?" She asked.

"Yes, of course, we can always arrange matches within the members and regulars." Coach Ryuzaki said as she looked down on the tennis courts where everyone had just finished their laps.

"I'm also interested in Inui-san's data tennis. I'm assuming he currently drafts special trainings for the regulars? I might ask for his assistance." Ryaka said thoughtfully.

"That would be a good idea Ryaka-chan. Inui knows all his teammates very well. He'd be a big help for your program."

Ryaka nodded in agreement. "This will be fun."

-------

Echizen's residence.

Ryoma and Ryaka went home together after practices.

"We're home!" They both shouted when they got to the Echizen's residence.

"About time!" A familiar voice called back from inside the house. Ryoma let out a sigh of annoyance "Pfft he's here." Ryaka smiled at him.

"Welcome home Rye-chan, Chibisuke!" An orange was thrown towards them.

Ryaka caught it with her left hand. "Mada mada dane, Ryoga-nii" Teased Ryaka as she sniffed at the orange. "Mmmmm. Smells nice."

"I see you're still sharp Rye-chan." Ryoga said to his sister.

"Heh. I know." Ryaka winked at him. "Aren't you going to give me a hug onii-chan?"

Ryoga swept her up in a bear hug and twirled her around. "I missed my favorite sister!"

"Well, I'm your only sister so yes, you have no choice." Ryaka giggled.

"You two always act like kids when you're together, and you've only seen each other a month ago." Ryoma scowled at them.

"Hey you brats! Your voices can be heard 3 miles down!" Shouted Nanjiroh Echizen as he entered the house coming back from the temple.

Ryoga let Ryaka down and they both laughed while Ryoma was just pouting at them and Nanjiroh can't help but smile looking at his children being happy together like this.

"Ne, nee-chan, are you staying here for good?" Ryoma asked his sister while they're eating dinner.

"Yup, well I haven't told you or father about this but I already had a talk with Coach Ryuzaki about me being a manager of Seigaku Tennis Club." Ryaka smiled at them.

"Ohh reall-- wait, what???? Manager? Seigaku?" Ryoma asked confused.

"Hai hai~!"

"Yesssss!!!!! I can be with you in practices!" Ryoma got up and hugged his sister. "Bleh, hear that highscooler?" Ryoma stuck his tongue out at Ryoga from across the table. Ryoga just rolled his eyes at him. Ryaka giggled at the sight.

"Hey Ryaka, why didn't you tell me about it? I thought you said you were going to look around for schools. I didn't know you already had Seigaku in mind. Let alone be their Tennis Club manager." Nanjiroh inquired.

"Hihi. It was actually a surprise and I wanted to finalize it with Coach Ryuzaki before I tell you about it. Besides, where else should I be in?"

"You were right choosing Seigaku. I can protect you always." Ryoma answered while still clinging on her.

"Heh? What can you do to protect her huh baby brother?" Ryoga teased. Ryoma ignored him.

"Well, I'm sure you all are tired from today, especially you Rye-chan. Take a bath and have your rest, you've had a long day." Rinko-san said while cleaning up the table.

"I'll help you clean up." Ryoga offered.

"Ne, nee-chan, let's talk after you freshen up. You got a lot of updating to do with me. I haven't seen you in years." Ryoma tugged on her.

"Kawaii chibisuke! Alright, wait for me." Ryaka said as she went upstairs.

--

After showering and changing into new clothes, Ryaka came down on the living room to see Ryoma casually reading a book. She sat beside him and Ryoma automatically rests his head on her lap. Ryaka combs Ryoma's hair using her fingers. They always do this back then, this was the sort of special bonding they have together.

"You know Chibisuke, I thought you weren't going to recognize me when I came to your school. Ryoga-niichan told me about you not knowing who he was when he saw you at camp." Ryaka said.

"Because he isn't worth remembering." Ryoma pouted and continued "I had a small accident before Nationals and had a sort of selective amnesia. It was only for a short time."

"I heard. The old man called me about it. I'm glad nothing permanent has happened."

They continued to talk all through out the night. Ryoma told her about the tournaments Seigaku won and also his newly acquired techniques. Ryaka shared her tours around the world and what life has been since they left for Japan.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

A/N

The next chapter would be a summary of Ryaka's life in America after she and Ryoga were taken by their aunt from Nanjiroh.

Please comment your thoughts on this! I know there's just too many Prince of Tennis fan fictions in here but I hope mine doesn't disappoint. I try my hardest to steer away from the usual but then again, everything in here is what I envision it on my mind. I hope you like it!