Chapter 51: Rinko Echizen

Ryaka's POV

Ryaka arrived at the hospital, bags in tow and her face full of tears. Nanako was sitting on the waiting area on one of the hallways.

"Rye-chan." Nanako saw her coming and ran to her, they hugged tightly as if they were each others life support at the moment.

"Nanako-chan where is she?" Ryaka asked.

Nanako directed her towards a large window of the Intensive Care Unit. There, Rinko lay motionless with a lot of tubes connected to her body.

Ryaka can't help but break into sobs seeing her mother in that condition. She hugged Nanako once more as her cousin rub her back, giving her comfort.

A large hand touched her shoulder and she turned to see her mother's cousin, Dr. Hibayashi. "Imuto oji-san!" Ryaka cried and hugged her uncle.

"What happened to her? Why did she collapse? What are all those tubes? Why is she in the ICU? Oji-san please tell me. Please please I beg of you. Please." Ryaka hysterically asked.

Dr. Hibayashi and Nanako calmed her down and when she did the doctor invited both of them to his office. "Let's talk in my office Rye-chan."

Dr. Hibayashi went to his drawers and pulled out some papers. Ryaka sat on one of the chairs with Nanako beside her, holding her hands.

"Why are we here Imuto oji-san? I know I over reacted I'm sorry. But it was just a simple exhaustion right? I know okaa-san has been doing a lot of things around the house lately. Over fatigue was it?" Ryaka asked, tensing up again and Nanako gripped her hands tighter.

She knew Dr. Hibayashi's going to tell her some bad news, she knows that expression he has on his face. She pushes it off her mind though, not wanting to accept anything bad that is to come.

"Rye-chan..." Dr. Hibayashi slowly said. 'No, no! Its nothing, don't get paranoid Ryaka.' She mentally scolded herself because she's jumping into conclusions and she doesn't like the image that's popping in her mind.

"Rye-chan, take a look at this..." Her uncle gave her a sheet of paper. She read the contents and froze.

Nanako looked at her with a worried face.

"This is a joke right? Imuto oji-san, you have a twisted kind of humor. But I must admit, you got me there. Haha." Ryaka faked a laugh. "Hey Nanako-chan, it says here that okaa-san has... has... that. But it isn't true right? Tell me it isn't true." Ryaka looked from Dr. Hibayashi to Nanako. The doctor looking at her sadly while Nanako hung her head down and Ryaka saw tears falling from her face.

"No... No... No this can't be... NO! NO! TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE!!!!!! NO!!!!" Ryaka shouted and got up from her seat. She crumpled the paper in her hand. Nanako immediately hugged her. "Nanako-chan! Tell me! Tell me!" Ryaka shook Nanako who's crying and hugging her tight.