Chapter 37: Fuji's resolve

Third Person's POV

"INUI STAY AWAY FROM THE JUICE!" Kikumaru jumped from the oven to the punch bowl.

"But I'm just going to get a drink!" Inui defensively said.

"Inui-senpai, what's this behind your back?" Kaido said as he raised Inui's hand holding a tube of unknown liquid.

"Rrrrrr~! Don't you dare Inui!" Kikumaru showed his claws and made a cat-like stance.

Rinko looks at them and laughs silently.

"Gomenasai Rinko-san, these guys can be pretty wild sometimes." Oishi scratches his head.

"Heh, don't mind it Oishi-kun." Rinko smiled.

--

Fuji and Tezuka are out buying the drinks for the party.

"Tezuka, have you played a match against her before?" Fuji asked as they pay for the drinks.

"No. It was the first time I saw her play." Tezuka answered.

They picked up the plastic bags and started to walk back to the Echizen's.

"I want to have a match with her when she comes back. I'm interested with her playing style. It resembles Ryoma's yet hers had a kick on it." Fuji while remembering the time he saw her play at the street tennis courts.

"Yeah." Tezuka replied.

"Hmmm. Tezuka I have something to ask." Fuji said as they are nearing the house.

"What is it?"

"Do you like her?"

Tezuka turned to him, surprised at his question.

"Why'd you ask?"

Fuji was unable to answer for a second but decided to tell Tezuka the truth.

"Because I do, and I was thinking if you like her as well." Fuji's eyes are serious.

They stopped outside the gate and before Tezuka opened it, he turned back to Fuji. "She's a good friend of mine." Then he went inside.