Chapter 60: Truth and Reunions

The next day

"I'll help with dinner preparations today." Ryaka beamed as she went in the kitchen during the afternoon.

"Someone's in a really good mood." Nanako pointed out.

"Ah, I just had fun yesterday and besides, this will be the first time Ryoma will be introducing a girl! Unlike someone I know..." She said loud enough for the people in the living room to hear.

"Hey! Leave me out of it Rye!" Ryoga called out.

"What? Ryoga-nii I didn't even say anything!" Ryaka replied and laughed.

Ryoga had been dating a number of girls and sometimes he even dates them 2 or 3 at a time. Ryaka just wants to roll her eyes whenever Ryoga says he's finally met the girl he'll be serious with because everytime he says that, it always fails.

Ryoga and Nanjiroh came this morning together. They were supposed to come to Japan the same time that she did but the two had some business to take care of before leaving America. Ryaka also made them bring her other stuff which includes the gifts she bought for everyone here.

"Auntie!!! Uncle Ryoga gave me this awesome toy car!" Naji-kun excitedly dragged her from the kitchen to the living room.

"Oh? That looks cute Naji-kun." She smiled at the little kid.

"Cute? That's the latest model of remote toy car in America. How can it be just 'cute' huh Rye-chan?" Ryoga raised his eyebrows at her.

"Because, it'll look cute beside the car I bought for Naji-kun. C'mon push that big box over here Ryoga-nii." She proudly said.

She opened the box and it revealed a toy car... a big one that a kid can actually get in and drive himself. "This one is a battery operated car which you can drive Naji-kun. Of course it also comes with a big remote for safety purposes."

"SUGOIIIIIII! AUNTIE RYAKA YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!" Naji-kun jumped in delight.

"Tsch. Rye, you're such a show off." Ryoga scowled at her.

"Bleh! Only the best for our little Naji-kun." She winked at Naji who is asking his dad for permission to use his new car.

"But wait Naji-kun, Uncle Ryoga still has some other things for you! Here." Ryoga handed Naji a huge bag of chocolates. "But be careful not to eat them all at once okay?"

"Yay!!! My favorite chocolates!!!" Naji jumped and hugged Ryoga.

"Hey! Don't I get a hug too?" She pretended to be sad and Naji gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek before running to stash away his chocolates and play with his new toys.

"Now, now you guys are spoiling that kid too much." Nanako was smiling but shaking her head.

"Ah, Nanako just let them do it. These oldies are just giving all their attention to Naji-kun because they still don't have kids of their own yet." Nanjiroh came in the room.

"Tsch. Not that again oyaji." Ryoga turned and grabbed an orange from the table.

"I'm out of here, c'mon Nanako -chan let's prepare dinner." She went back to the kitchen to cook.

Nanako followed her while giggling.