Chapter 44: Camp Muroshi

Third Person's POV

"Hey!! Ryaka-senpai! Fuji-senpai! Over here!!" Momo called out to Ryaka and Fuji who came back after getting Ryaka's cellphone from the cabin.

They are hanging around by the lake waiting for the two so they can all go and explore the camp grounds together.

The man-made lake was a large body of water in the center of the whole camp grounds. There are kayaks and small paddle boats you can use. Swimming is also allowed, there are lounging floaters available on the lake side shed.

"The water looks inviting! But I don't want to swim yet on the first day." Kikumaru said as he peered over the water from the dock where they're standing.

They saw the guys from Shitenhoji and Hyotei in the kayaks while Atobe is on the lake side under an umbrella.

"Hey look! There's a small stream on that side!" Kawamura pointed out to the stream connected to the lake that goes to the woods.

"Let's go see where it leads!" Ryaka happily suggested and they all followed the stream.

"Sugoi!" Ryaka exclaimed as they reached the end of the stream which is a man made waterfall. You wouldn't think it wasn't natural because of the carefully designed water holes that goes down to the rocks on a small shallow pond then leads out to the stream that connects it to the lake.

She took off her flipflops and dipped her feet in the shallow water.

The sun is high but the trees in the woods give them cool shade. They walked around for a bit more and found an obstacle course in the clearing.

It was huge and goes around. There are several obstacles lined up.

"This looks fun." Fuji said as they surveyed the area.

"Yeah this may be one of the activities we'll be having. Since there is a sign here to not use the obstacle course unless its said so otherwise." Inui said pointing out to a note in the map.

They went back to the buildings and checked out the gym. The equipment are first class and even more advanced than what Josei Shonan had. Rikkai Dai was in the gym, working out.

"Kuni-kun, they have nice equipment here too, it isn't far from what we have at the clinic in Germany." Ryaka observed. She also took note of the physiques of the Rikkai Dai team. 'Nice...'

"Yeah." Tezuka agreed and they continued to walk around.

There is a lounge area beside the main hall. There are refrigerators with drinks and cupboards with snacks around the room and big couches are in the middle. They looked at the ceiling to floor glass window over looking the well kept tennis courts and saw Fudomine jogging on the tracks.

"Wow they didn't even took the time to relax. That's Fudomine for you." Kikumaru said.

"Yeah, like Rikkai on the gym. They all looked determined." Oishi agreed to him.

After checking out the other places in and around the building, they all retired back to their cabin and decided to pass the time there while waiting for the opening ceremonies at night.

Fuji, Kaido and Oishi played billiards while Inui is watching them.

Kawamura and Momoshiro decided to play some board games and Kikumaru flipped through the channels on the TV and Tezuka went out for a jog.

----------------

Ryaka's POV

Ryaka decided to make some sandwiches for snacks. She knew these boys too well to know that they ALWAYS eat something in between lunch and dinner. They are athletes who burn calories fast after all.

She went to the kitchen to look for something to make. She opened the fridge and found it fully stocked with produce and meat and there are a lot of eggs and cartons of milk and juice as well.

She checked on the cupboards and found a lot of cooking utensils, staples, condiments, spices, and many more. The bread is placed on a basket on the kitchen island.

'Wow.' she thought as she started getting what she needs.

She made egg salad and a whole lot of them too. Then brought it to the guys.

They were already gathered at the living room watching the TV. Even Tezuka came back from his jog.

"Hey, snack time." She smiled as she put the tray full of sandwiches on the coffee table.

"Yay~!" Kikumaru happily grabbed a sandwich while Momo took two on each hand.

"We are really lucky we have Ryaka-san with us. Her cooking is incredible." Kawamura said.

"Hai." Kaido agreed as he took a bite on his sandwich.

"This camp seemed more of a vacation than a camp so far." Inui said while checking on his notebook.

"But we don't know what will happen tomorrow when the real camp training starts." Fuji said.

"Yeah. Don't let your guard down." Tezuka agreed to them.

They hanged out at the cabin until it got dark and they heard the announcement on the speaker outside that it is time to get ready for the opening ceremonies.

They all gathered on the lawn with the stage and noticed a huge pile of wood in the center of the lawn.

Takumi Muroshi was once again on the stage. "As the tradition goes here at Muroshi Camp, we hold a bonfire for the first night to signal the start of the training that will surely help you improve as tennis players. Let me formally say this: WELCOME TO CAMP MUROSHI!"

And the pile of woods went ablaze.