13

"Salvatore brothers, who is Kol?" I asked that next day when I came downstairs for breakfast.

Stefan dropped his phone in his hand and Damon spat out his bourbon onto the floor. My eyebrows fused together and Stefan looked at me. "What?"

"Who's Kol?" I repeated. "I had this like dream thing last night. There was a guy, his name was Kol, and he gave me this." I held up the necklace to show them and the brothers exchanged a glance.

"Well it's a dream so he's obviously made up." Damon told me, standing up to get himself a fresh glass of bourbon. Stefan left the room.

"But it didn't feel like a dream." I told him, bringing my knees to my chest. "I swear it felt felt. And this isn't the first time."

"What does that mean?" Stefan wondered, walking back with a cloth to clear the mess Damon made on the floor.

"I used to get these little memory flashback things, when I was with Kai in the prison world." Damon almost choked on his drink and Stefan scratched the back of his neck. I fused my eyebrows together and looked at the both of them. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Well you see." Damon began, sitting back down. He set down his glass and clasped his hands together. "You aren't actually Riley." I pulled a confused look. "You're more the girlfriend to Kol Mikaelson." He said rather quickly and picked up his bourbon again.

My jaw dropped and I looked at Stefan, who shrugged with a nod. "I'm what?" I asked. "What? Please elaborate."

Stefan took a deep breath and explained. "Look your real name is Raquel, Raquel Collins-"

"Raquel Collins?" He nodded. "Bonnie told me about her." I paused. "Well me."

"You moved here from England when you were sixteen. Your parents had died and you were going to live with your aunt-"

"My parents are dead?" I couldn't help but feel sadden by this news, even though I couldn't remember them. Stefan gave me a sympathetic smile. "What about my aunt? Is she alive? Maybe I could ask her-"

"Riley." Damon said softly. I looked at him. "Your aunt died when were eighteen, it was cancer."

My heart sunk and I blinked away my tears. "So I have no family." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You have us." Stefan assured me, his hand on mine. "We met you in high school, immediately you clicked with Elena, Caroline and Bonnie."

"Then why didn't you or Bonnie tell me that you knew me?" I asked Damon, turning my attention to him.

He sighed. "We didn't know whether it was your or just our imagination." Damon said. "You'd been dead for two years."

I gulped. "How did I die?"

Damon let out a small chuckle. "You were curious and always put your nose where it didn't belong." He said. "Riley, you're a witch if you didn't already know and you were powerful."

I sighed. "But I don't understand." I huffed. "Why can't I remember?"

Damon finished his drink, putting down the glass. "Well you see, Kol came into the picture along with his other weird siblings. You two became close, very close."

"So he's the one I've been seeing in my flashbacks."

Stefan shrugged. "It's possible." He said. "The two are you were inseparable."

"What happened?"

Damon snorted a laugh. "You, being the curious idiot you are, interrupted his mother as she did a very important spell."