18

"Riley?" Damon raised his eyebrows with confusion. "What are you doing here?"

I ignored him, pushing past into the house once he opened the door. "I need to sit down."

"Well you look horrible." I glared at Damon and he smiled, leading me into the living room and I sat on a sofa. Damon sat next to me a glass of bourbon in his hands.

"What is she doing here?" Elena wondered, raising a brow at me.

"Hello to you too, Elena."

Elena rolled her eyes. "Riley?" Stefan asked, coming into the room. "What are you doing here?"

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Where's Kai?"

"We don't know, he absorbed the magic from Liz and snapped my neck." Damon spat annoyed. "Annoying weasel."

I snorted a laugh. "Because I need him."

"What for?" Stefan asked. "And what happened to you?"

"Well I was at the college, happily painting my nails." I showed them my nails.

"You chipped one." Elena pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. "I never noticed." I said with sarcasm leaking from my voice. Elena shot a me a fake smile. "And then I decided to go to the grill since I was hungry and bored. So I was happily making my way out of the place, when I spotted Kol and his siblings waltz in."

"Well they are after you." Stefan decided to warn. "You need to be careful."

I gave him the thumbs up. "I figured that Stefan." He chuckled and I huffed. "Besides I already knew, I was there when you all discussed how you were going let them kidnap me again." I smiled and winked. "Thanks for that guys."

"Anytime, dear." Damon winked back. "But no hard feelings."

I hummed. "Of course not, I mean I'd throw you under the bus any day." I paused. "Metaphorically or literally."

Damon laughed and poured himself a fresh drink. "How did you hear us?" Elena wondered, seeming confused. "Surly we would have heard your heartbeat."

"Magic." I waved my hands. "Liv taught me a cloaking spell."

"And I thought you were bad at magic." I showed Damon my middle finger and he just laughed.

"How are they even capable of wiping my memories?" I asked. "I'm a witch, doesn't that give me some sort of advantage?"

Stefan shrugged. "They're originals Riley." He said. "The most powerful in the world."

I just nodded. "So what do I do?"

"You could leave." Damon suggested with a half shrug.

Stefan nodded in agreement. "They won't rest until they have you."

"I'm touched." I put my hand over my heart. "Besides that doesn't seem too bad, since I'm thinking of leaving." I confessed, running my hand down my face.

"What's keeping you back then?" Elena wondered.

I peeked my eye out through my fingers. "Many things, Elena. I need to make sure Kai's safe before I leave."

"Awww...." Stefan said and I flipped him off. "That's cute, Riley."

"No it's disgusting." Damon said before looking at me. "And why do you need to know Riley?"