17

I quietly shut the door behind me and peered around the house. Where's Kai?

"What do you mean she ran away?" I froze at Stefan's voice. Him and Damon were in the living room while Kai was unconscious on the sofa.

"I mean she's not there anymore, Stefan." Damon replies, shaking his head. "What about that don't you understand?"

His eyes went on me and I gasped, backing away. Thought he didn't say anything, and looked back at Kai. I let out a deep breath and put my hand over my chest.

"Thank god." I blurted out. My eyes widened when I realised that I spoke, but neither of the brothers seemed to notice. I sighed in relief that my spell was working.

"Why did she leave?" Stefan asked. I stepped more into the room to hear the two better. "You realise that Kol's going to kill us now. Or maybe him." He nodded at Kai. "According to Elena those two are a thing now."

Damon cringed. "Gross, Riley with that weasel. She can do so much better."

"Shut up, Damon." I frowned, walking over to them. I looked at Kai and patted his head. "Cutie."

"Yeah, but who is better Kai, the sociopath who butchered his family or Kol, the original who murdered hundreds because his girlfriend died?" Stefan wondered.

"Wow, she's got horrible taste in men. She even said that I wasn't her type, me. I'm everyone's type." Damon scoffed, sipping more of his drink.

"Whatever, Damon." Stefan replied. I laughed and sat down beside Stefan.

"So how are things with you and Blondie?" Damon asked, sitting down on an armchair.

Blondie? Is that Caroline? I thought, then nodded. Probably.

"Not good, she fed her blood to a cancer patient. He seemed fine then died, it was horrible. And to make things worse she fed Liz her blood too." Stefan told him, sighing.

"Wow." Was all Damon said to respond.

"I know, I don't know what to do to fix anything. Caroline's a mess, the guilt is killing her."

Damon leaned over and patted Stefan's leg. "You, brother have a big problem on your hands."

++++

"Kai, Kai, wake up you idiot." I whispered, shaking him.

He groaned, rolling over so his back was to me. "Five more minutes."

I rolled my eyes. "Idiot." I climbed onto him and he whined, moving me away. I fought him and straddled him, leaning down to kiss him.

I felt him wake up and kiss me back. I mentally rolled my eyes, ending the kiss. "You heard me didn't you?"

Kai smirked with his eyes shut. "Course, Ri."

"Idiot." I said. Kai opened his eyes fully to reveal their grey blue.

"What happened to you?" Kai asked, sitting up with me still on him.

"Long story." I sighed.

Kai shrugged and yawned, rubbing his eyes. "I've got time."

I grinned and explained to him what happened to me during the last few hours.

"So that's why, I kept getting scratches." He muttered after I finished my story.

I gave him a blank stare. "I was forced back with my ex, who by the way I don't remember, dressed up like some doll and ran for hours straight and all you're worried about is the stupid scratches?"