38

"Are you sure?" I asked Jo, raising my eyebrows. "You're not worried that I might lash out and kill everybody?"

Jo laughed and shrugged. "I'll admit, I'll make sure someone keeps a close eye on you." She told me and hugged me again. "But, of course, you have to come Riley."

"Really?"

She nodded and the hug ended. "Yes, as the bride I want you there."

"Alright then." I said. "But I don't have a dress and the wedding is literally in a matter of hours."

"Have no fear." Caroline beamed, appearing in the bedroom with a dress in her hands. "Caroline is here."

I smiled. "How-"

"I figured that Stefan and Bonnie would soon be able to trigger your emotions back before the wedding and when I saw this dress, I instantly thought of you."

Caroline unzips the bag that held the dress and my smile faded. "It's white?"

She nodded and looked worried. "Do you not like it?"

"I like it." I reassured her quickly. "But isn't the bride suppose to be the one in white."

"It doesn't matter Riley." Jo said. "Besides, my dress is way better."

I gasped and she laughed. "How are you holding up Jo?"

"Terrible." She confessed. "I have a hunch that I'm forgetting something. Plus I'm starving, I need to pee and my feet..." I laughed a little and she took a deep breath. "I'm just not okay, Riley."

I rest my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, it's natural."

"Hopefully because I feel like a mess."

"Everything is going to be fine." I told her. "Don't worry, I'm sure the wedding will be perfect. Something to remember."

Jo nodded and took another deep breath. "It's nice having you back Riley."

I smiled. "It's good to be back." I said. "And to be welcomed back with open arms."

"Okay everybody we have to get ready." Elena announced and sent Jo a smile. "Especially our bride."

"Do you want to help Riley?" Bonnie offered. I shook my head. "Why not?"

I raised a brow. "Bonnie, you and I know makeup isn't my thing." She realised and nodded. "I'll just get myself ready."

"But we're doing your hair and makeup, Riley." Caroline told me and I sighed.

"I guess, if you're like Bonnie and won't give up, then be my guest." Caroline, Elena and Bonnie all cheered before dragging Jo to get her ready.

Jo sent me a smile and I chuckled, walking to spare bedroom in Jo's with my dress in my hand. Ric and the guys were at the Salvatore's to get ready.

I held the dress up against my body, noticing my bump poke out. I pursued my lips together and turned to the side to get a better look.

Shaking my head, I took a quick shower to refresh myself. I was loving the whole vamp speeding, it made my life so much easier and faster.