Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jasmine's POV:

"Jazzy, wake up!" my mother shouted as she tried to wake me up, which she failed in. I groaned and turned around in my bed burying my face in my pillow.

"What time is it?" I asked grumpily.

"It's 10 am, Lazyhead. Get up!" My mom practically jumped on me while screaming. I know she's a bit hyperactive.

"Uhh, fine! Give me 30 minutes and I'll be downstairs," I said as I got up. Yawning, I stretched my body while standing up.

As I started waking up, I thought about how I just graduated from school and shook my head at the thought of going to college. I have my life settled, so I don't need college. I have kind, rich parents, a boyfriend, and a wonderful best friend.

I promise you I'm not a spoiled brat, but my parents really are rich. My dad is a lawyer/businessman so he earns a lot from his job. I don't let that thought get to me though, I mean money isn't everything.

My boyfriend is a boy any girl would dream of. I consider myself lucky. I'm not bragging or showing off, but if you saw him, you'll know what I mean. We barely get into fights. They're usually over simple stuff like missing a couple of phone calls. Nothing major.

After going to the bathroom and taking a shower, I get dressed in my daily running clothes. They're simple and consist of black training shorts and a mint green Adidas shirt. And of course, I didn't forget my iPod.

I went down for breakfast with my parents only to find mom making pancakes and my dad drowning in his own plate. I rushed to the table once I spotted my plate of pancakes lying on the table. I squeezed the maple syrup bottle until it fell to the sides, drowning my pancakes with them. Don't even think about judging me and just try it.

"Oh! Hello dear!" my dad greeted me happily. I've always favored my dad over my mom even though she was amazing. Dad was a ten-year-old stuck in a 42-year-old's body. Mom was fun, but not as much as Dad. I mean I don't favor him but we get along better. However, any girl still needs her momma anytime in life.

We made small conversation as they asked me what were my plans after graduation.

"Dear, what will you do now that school is no longer a burden?" my father asked me.

"Honey, she just finished school; Show a little mercy," my mom joked replying to Dad.

"Nothing in mind yet, you know, a little break would be good for me after working so hard for my finals," I chuckled, "Anyways, I'm not thinking about the future now. I'm thinking of going on my daily run."

I put my plate in the sink and kissed my parents' cheeks before heading to the woods.

As I followed the route to the middle of the woods, I stopped and plugged in my iPod and took off.

When I started feeling slightly out of breath, I slowed my pace to a slow jog.

Suddenly I froze as my eye caught a huge black wolf heading towards my direction.

What's that saying: Fight-Flight-Freeze? Yeah, I froze.

Picture of Jasmine Thomas on the top/side!!! 

Edited