Chapter 14

Jasmine's POV

"Guys! Dinner time," Liz's voice called out from the dining room echoing around the nearly empty house.

"We're coming, Mom!" Blake shouted back before turning back to face me.

"So, we're good right?" I asked him quietly looking at my feet. He didn't answer he just laughed and pulled me into a deep hug.

"I love it when you're so awkward, but yeah, we're ok."

I grinned and hugged him tightly. "Now come on! I'm hungry," I grabbed his hand, pulling him off the couch and running to the dining room.

I grinned widely when I saw dinner. It had all sorts of food! My stomach growled at all the different varieties and my mouth watered.

"Liz, the food looks great!" I exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Oh, I hope it tastes as good as it looks! Come on, sit down," She said and I took the place she motioned to.

As soon as I was seated, I had already grabbed my plate and was filling it to the brim.

"Oh I just love the fact that your mate isn't shy and doesn't only eat salad," Ethan told Blake and I stared at him.

"Woah only salad? Who the hell does that?" I asked them in shock.

"Oh many, you should've seen Blake's ex-girlfriend, sorry I only eat salad trying to watch my figure you see," he said in a fake girl voice mocking her. I burst out laughing about the way he said it and about his ex as well. You may be thinking why I wasn't jealous, well maybe cause you'll recall that I was his mate here and not her.

"Oh God, how does she enjoy life?" I said between laughs.

"I know right! Blake was so whipped and couldn't see past her fake, cheating ass. I mean she cheated on him with a drunk and she wasn't even drunk," I instantly felt bad for Blake because he had to go through a similar situation as me. I'm not proud to say I was cheated on and I can say Blake wasn't as well. I looked at him and saw that he was staring at an empty corner. I'm sure he was recalling the memories, so I started rubbing circles on his back and could feel him relaxing the second I touched him.

He turned to look at me and gave me a small smile. He then excused himself and headed to his office. I stared at his retreating back and sighed. I guess I'll leave him alone for a while. I turned around just in time for Emma to come in.

"Hey," she greeted me cheerfully.

"Hello," I smiled back at her and she looks around with a confused expression.

"Where's Blake?" She asked me confusion lacing her voice.

"Office."

"Why? What happened? Did you two fight or something?" She asked all at once.

"No no, it's just that Evan mentioned his ex and I'm pretty sure you can guess from there," she didn't reply back. She just mumbled an 'oh' quietly that was barely audible.

I couldn't bare the thought of Blake being upset, so I did what my conscience had been asking me to do this whole five minutes apart from Blake. I left the table and headed to the direction of his office. I spotted Caleb wandering around in the corridor.

"Hello there," I greeted him causing him to turn and smile at me.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked me and we started walking to the office. This house is huge!

"Nothing much. I was on my way to Blake's office when I spotted you."

"Well, I wanted to talk to Blake too so I guess we can go together."

"Yeah sure," I smiled at him. I was secretly hoping Blake wouldn't cause drama like when I shook hands with Caleb. We continued walking while making small converstation about random thoughts. I couldn't help but think that people here were being so friendly with me even though they barely know me. It made me feel loved and respected. I guess it had to do with me being a Luna and all. Nevertheless, they were all good friends. When we arrived, Caleb knocked on the door.

"Come in," we heared Blake's voice say. I took a deep breath and opened the door, and he turned to face me and I saw the sorrow in his eyes. And in this moment, I wished I'd be dead than see him look that sad. I quietly gasped and ran to him.

"I can go in after you're finished with Blake," Caleb told me and left. I turned and looked at Blake.

"Oh my god I didn't think you would be this sad! I mean I thought they were just memories and you don't have feelings anymore for her! Blake what's wrong?" I asked all at once because I was too worried to care. Call me crazy.

His head was between his hands the whole time and I felt my heart breaking at the sight. My chest ached and a grimace was placed on my face. Maybe he didn't get over his ex? What if she took his virginity? What if-

"I don't have feelings for her, Jazzy. Not at all. Actually, I loathe her and would do anything to get rid of that murderer," he said bluntly with too much venom in his voice. Wait, murderer?

"W-what do you mean?" I asked him slowly, horrified from his tone. Why would he date a murderer? He sighed and turned to look me in the eye and I froze. His were full of grief and sadness. I gulped and tried comforting him, "Blake what do you mean?"

"It was 3 years ago, and I was tired of seeing everyone I know finding their mates, and me not, so I went to a club. There I met a girl who I thought was beautiful, so I got to know her. We started hanging out then I asked her out. She agreed and we went out for a few weeks before I asked her to be my girlfriend," he said. I had a feeling I won't be liking where this is going. "After 10 months into the relationship, we took it to second base and further, and we forgot to use protection," he said and my eyes widened and I edged farther away from him. He doesn't have a baby does he? "She came to me a month later with tears in her eyes and something in her hand. It was a pregnancy test and it was positive. I promised her and myself I would take care of the both of them with my life and she promised that too. She was the one who broke the promise," he continued, "she gave birth and I thought we would make a perfect family with a beautiful baby boy. When Johnny was one year old, stress started building up on her. She resulted to drinking and not taking care of him," Blake said with pain filled eyes and my heart went out for him, so I edged closer to him and took his hand, squeezing it. "She came home drunk one night in her apartment, but I was in a pack meeting. She was carrying him and stumbled upon air and fell down the stairs," I held my breath because I had a feeling the next part won't be pretty. "Johnny flew out of her hand and dropped to the floor, dying in an instant. She had already cheated on me by then, but I let it slip even though it hurt like hell. I wanted Johnny to grow up with parents who can stand each other," he said and a tear fell from his eye followed by another and another.

"Blake, " I said, but I couldn't continue, I didn't know what to say. He lost his baby that was part of him. I felt bad and I knew he felt terrible for the baby not for that slut, "I'm so sorry for your loss. I really am."

He looked at me with so much love that I felt like making out with him at the moment, but I knew he was emotionally destroyed. It was his kid after all. He hugged me close that I felt suffocated, but never felt better. We stayed like this for ten more minutes. He pulled away and seemed much better. I wish I could always make him feel better.

"Thank you," he thanked me that came out as a whisper, and wiped away his tears.

"I'll be there at anytime," I told him with a weak smile, hoping it would make him feel better and he smiled back surprisingly, "I love you."