Chapter 8

Jasmine's POV

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I literally froze with my eyes wide open and Blake chuckled pulling away, "y'know, one-sided kissing really sucks and it's hella awkward," he said and I snapped out of it and, shocking myself, I kissed him lightly. He smiled and pulled me closer deepening the kiss. The sparks shocked me to no end. His lips felt soft with mine. He pulled away after a couple of moments in order to regain his breaths.

"You're mine, and only mine," He said and his voice was so husky that it made me want to kiss him again, but I held myself together, "I apologize for the way I acted in there, jealousy gets to me sometimes "

I couldn't register what he said except after repeating it in my head a couple of time; my mind was too fogged up to function.

"It's fine," was the only reply I could think of at the moment.

"I've wanted to kiss you since yesterday, you know," he said and a smirk appeared on his face the second he saw my flaming cheeks, "Ever since I laid my eyes on you when you were crying in front of the river. Why were you crying? I hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just worried."

Oh, he was such a gentleman. I tensed however at the question; He didn't know that this was a sensitive topic for me.

"I, uh, it's nothing," I started but couldn't continue because I broke down. Infront of Blake. I guess the fact that this was all happening finally hit me and I couldn't take it. He tried to confront me with his hand drawing circles on my back. but it didn't work, so he picked me up effortlessly and put me on his lap while I buried my face in his chest inhaling his scent.

"Love, will you please tell me what's wrong, I hate to see you cry," he said after what felt like hours. His smooth voice calmed me down.

"O-on that day, my ex-boyfriend of 3 years cheated on me with my best friend," I whispered and he tensed, "I trusted both of them and they broke that. I guess you could say, I have trust issues."

He looked confused and shocked at the same time.

"Blake? Say something?..." I asked him, hoping I didn't say something I'd regret.

"It's just... how could someone have a beauty like you and cheat on you?" He actually seemed serious while saying it, "Listen to me and listen good, ok? I will never, ever, even think, let alone do, hurt you and I want you to know that" He told me wiping my tears away. His voice was sincere and I knew deep down that I could trust him.

He picked me up and put me back in the passeneger's seat and turned the engine on.

"Where are we going?" I asked suspiciously, wanting to know where he'd take me.

"We are going to my pack house. I want you to see our pack."

"But what about your car?"

"I'll send someone to get it, don't worry, it'll be fine," He assured me

"Alright."

After that, I fought hard with my eyes, but they won and fell shut burying me in comforting darkness.

As I groggily opened my eyes I was on a bed in a room that I didn't recognize.

I got up slowly and opened the door hearing hushed whispers coming from downstairs; I followed the voices that led me to a staircase.

I walked down slowly and got greeted by Blake having his ear pulled by an older female version of Blake, which I assumed was his mother.

"Blake Hunter, losing control! And in public, too!" And more incoherent yells.

I tried stifling my laughter by biting on my lip, but it didn't help. Not one bit. I burst out giggling at the sight of Blake being scolded.

Blake and the woman turn to look at me. The woman was grinning and smirking, but Blake was so embarrassed he turned red

"Good afternoon, sweetheart! How are you feeling?" She asked me walking towards me with a warm smile on her lips. She was almost identical to Blake.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am," I answered her smiling brightly, "I'm feeling good actually, much better," when I turned to look at Blake, I burst out laughing more.

"Oh, call me Liz, please," she told me in a soft voice. I liked her, but she reminded me of my mom. We aren't on our best terms currently, but we will work it out.

"Of course, Liz, it was great meeting you," I said. She then left the room, leaving me alone with Blake.

"Mom knows how to embarress me." He mumbled in a low voice, which I found adorable.

"I find it absolutely adorable," I told him with a small smile on my lips.

"Adorable? No, no, I'm supposed to be tough not adorable?!" He said and I burst out laughing again, "Glad you find this situation amusing," he mumbled grumpily.

"Aren't you an adorable puppy?" I asked taking a step back.

"What did you just call me? Puppy? You also called me that yesterday, and I'm sure I told you I'm a grown wolf," He said edging closer. He then lunged forward and I yelped and turned around bolting out of the room.

"Jazzy!"

I laughed as he shouted my name and ran faster. I had no idea where I was running, but I ended up in a boy's room. I froze when I saw a teenage boy, almost my age, staring back at me. And he was shirtless.

"Hello, Beautiful, what brings you here?" He asked and I could hear the flirty tone in his voice. He edged closer to me and I took steps back until my back hit the wall.

"Hello, boy I totally do not know, I'm here because I'm running from Blake, because I called him a puppy," I told him eyeing him confusedly because both his hands were on the wall with my face between them.

"Wait you're Blake's mate?" He asked amused.

"Yeah, he fou-" I cut myself because both our heads turned to the direction of the door where Black barged in.

"What the..." Blake eyed our position and shouted at the boy-I-don't-know-the-name-of, "What are you doing?" Blake glared at the boy. I quickly slipped out of the boy's arms and walked over to Blake. "Evan I swear to God-" He started, but Evan cut him off.

"Brother, dear, dear brother, don't you worry, I won't be trying anything on your dear mate. She's gorgeous and all, but I'm a loyal young brother."

"Yeah, right, because if I was a minute late, you would have brought her to bed," Blake snapped at Evan angrily, who didn't seem to care.

"So you two are brothers?" I asked stating the obvious. I intentionally asked that the minute I realized Blake was getting angrier.

"Jazzy, meet Evan Hunter my younger, idiotic brother," Blake introduced me, in an annoyed voice.

"Hello, Jazzy, and welcome to the family," Evan told me with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited