Chapter 13

Jasmine's POV

I was resting next to a clearing while looking around. Blake's territory was planted with several kinds of beautiful plants. I bent down to pick up a primrose that looks like it fell off its stem. I inhaled in its fragrance and a smile drew itself on my face.

I sat down under the shade of a huge tree and faced a small pond as my mind filled itself with scattered thoughts.

Some time passed with me gazing at the pond before I heard a ruffle coming from the direction of a huge bush. I slowly turned to the direction of the bush and saw a well-built man I've never seen before. He had electric blue eyes and light brown hair and was fairly tall. I wonder are all the guys here good looking? All the guys I met here so far are all good looking. Especially Blake.

"Hey," he told me smiling. He seemed young, 18 maybe, like me.

"Hey?" I asked him confused. A stranger just told me 'hey'. What do you expect?

"Oh I'm Ethan, Ethan Pattinson. I'm Blake's Beta," he introduced himself to me and I shaked his outstretched hand, "You must be Jasmine, Blake's mate."

"Indeed, but call me Jazzy," I told him and he grinned.

"So what are you doing out here alone?"

"I got into an argument with your Alpha," I told him rolling my eyes before sitting on the ground again and resting my back on the tree.

"I'm guessing you guys haven't completed the connection yet, otherwise, he wouldn't have let you go." he told me and I nodded agreeing to his words.

"I shake one man's hand and he goes all protective freak. I mean I just met the guy for God's sake!" I rambled. He chuckled when I called Blake a freak. I'm sure he wasn't used to hearing that his Alpha was a freak. He sat down next to me on the same tree, but kept fair distance.

"Alphas turn like that, they tend to be protective, but they are loving as well."

"I guess you're right here," I said, but it came out as a mumble, "So, how old are you?" I was trying to change the subject. I was uncomfortable talking about Blake to another guy.

"I'm 18, you?" he asked and my eyes lit up.

"I'm 18 too! We are so gonna be best friends!" I told him excitedly. Maybe a bit more than excited. You can't judge me, I haven't made much friends since arriving here.

He chuckled and grinned back

"I guess we will, and as your future best friend, I am going to take you to make things right with your mate. Now come on," he told me grabbing my arm and pulling me up. I groaned at the thought of facing Blake again, but meeting Ethan cleared my mind up.

"Can we wait for like an hour or two? I really don't want to face him right now," I whined like a baby about to leave the park.

"Nope, the longer you wait, the more the doubts start building up inside your head, now come on," he told me and we started walking back to the pack house.

We kept making small conversations about random things and I was getting really comfortable with Ethan. He was sweet and will make a good friend one day. I know it.

Once the pack house came in sight, I froze.

"Jazzy?" Ethan said and I breathed deeply.

"I can't face him he must hate me right now. Oh God, what am I thinking?" I started rambling on, but Ethan stopped me.

"Look at me," Ethan told me and turned me to face him, "It's going to be alright. If worse comes to worst, I'll be there with you, ok?" he told me and I nodded and unconsciously wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.

We pull away after a few short seconds and I calm myself before approaching the house. We walked through the pack house and I felt numb when I saw Blake. He was alone in the living room. His face was in his hand and his elbows resting on his knees. He sensed my presence and removed his hands from his face. He turned to look at Ethan and clenched his jaw when he saw us together.

"Why is his scent all over you?" He asked me and his voice sounded scary yet tired.

"Ethan, can you leave us alone for a few minutes?" I told him and he looked at me with worry in his eyes, "It's fine, I just really need to talk to him alone," I told him and he nods and heads out.

"You didn't answer my question," Blake told me before Ethan was fully out the door. He clearly didn't care if he was present or not.

"I came here to make things right, Blake. I'm not in the mood for another fight," I said calmly, trying not to lose all my anger on him. His eyes softened when he realized I really was tired of all this.

"Fine, but answer me and I promise you I'll try not to make a huge deal out of it."

"Uhh, I hugged him?" I was trying to sound confident, but it sounded more like a question. Blake tensed and his eyes darkened, "But it wasn't like that! I only think of him as my friend. Blake, only as a friend," I said quickly to calm him down, and reached to grab his hand.

"Look, I want to make things right and I don't think you should be over protective. I mean, doesn't me being your mate say that I'm yours and I clearly don't want anyone else, Blake? Ethan gave me advice and convinced me to come talk to you, that's why I hugged him. And Caleb? Heck I only shook his hand. All I'm asking is for you to cooperate with me and we'll make it through this. You don't see me telling you that you can't go near any other female and it's cause I trust you."

His tensed shoulders relaxed after my words

"Jazzy, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so protective over something so stupid. I realize that now, but I really am sorry. I don't want to fight with you it sucks," he said and pulled me to his embrace and I sighed and welcomed his warmth. The only feeling I got from him when he wrapped his arms around me was love; and that is certainly something Nick never truly provided. A few tears slipped from my eyes at the realization and I shut my eyes tight.

"I'm sorry. I hate fighting with you too." I said softly my voice breaking. I guessed he heard me because he quickly pulled away and placed his hands on the sides of my face.

"Hey, why are you crying, love?" He says and wipes my tears away.

"I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. It's just-" I said, but stopped before the words that were on my mind slip. I was thinking about Nick and how he never cared about me like Blake did, and I just met Blake.

"Just what?"

Not yet. I can't do it yet.

"Nothing. Everything's fine." I told him wiping at my eyes and giving him a huge smile. I leaned up and placed my lips on his softly but pulled away when we heard the door open.

"So, did you two kiss and make up yet?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited