Chapter 5

I gasped stumbling backward. Am I hallucinating? Was the scratch so bad that I am now currently dying? My head was spinning and my breathing became constricted. That can't happe-

"Please," I heard the boy say softly interrupting my thoughts, but I didn't dare move closer to him, "Just let me explain." He pleaded me to stay with him.

"W-what, h-how? No, my mind is just playing tricks on me, this isn't real. Oh God, I'm going to die soon,"

I stared at him in astonishment, freaking out in my head. That can't be true. I'm not hallucinating because of a wolf, or in that case, a human-wolf, a wolf-boy. A wolf who just turned human!

"Please. Just don't freak out or scream. I'll explain if you give me a chance. I'm injured, so I can't run after you," He stared at my bleeding shoulder and gave me an apologetic, yet sympathetic look, "You're injured as well, just let us both have a talk. Please."

I had the urge to listen to him. Those pleading eyes of his were enough, but I was actually curious to know what just happened as well.

"Bu-but how? I mean I can swear that you were just a wolf. You're not supposed to be well you. Well, it CAN'T be you. You are a wolf or a human-. That's it, I've officially gone insane. Next thing you know, they'll be taking me to a mental asylum." I cut myself mid-sentence because I was rambling like my normal clumsy self. I realized that he was actually smiling at me while I was rambling. "I'll let you explain- Woah what the hell I'm talking to a puppy. First rambling, now talking to a puppy. God."

"Hey! I'll have you know that I'm a grown wolf!" He huffed crossing his hands over his chest like a kid. He was certainly mocking me, but I liked it. I really did. I smiled at his actions finding it amusing and adorable and I realized he was distracting me, and it was working.

"Ok, I guess I have to explain, right?" The boy asked me after I was calm.

"How about you start with your name because I can't keep referring to you as 'the boy' in my head, you know," I told him and he chuckled.

"Blake, Blake Hunter."

"Jasmine Thomas, but you can call me Jazzy"

"Jazzy," the way he said my name had a hint of admiration in it and I loved it coming from his mouth, "As you've just witnessed, I'm a werewolf. My family has descended through generations and generations of werewolves. We're what humans call a pack and it's like our family."

"Okay," I said it slowly trying to register what he said although it wasn't long. I only didn't want to miss details, "How old are you exactly?"

"I'm 21. My father is currently the Alpha. I'm next in line, but he will be handing me the title in a couple of weeks."

"Alpha?"

"It's the leader of the pack, like the father, and the Luna, my mother, who is my dad's mate, is like the mother of the pack," he explained, and I was starting to become curious about the werewolf life.

"What are mates exactly?" I ask him and he grins at the mention of mates. He looked like he awaited that question a long time ago.

"The moon goddess decides the werewolf's fate and gives him a mate. This mate is what you humans call a soul mate. It feels your pain, protects you no matter what, loves and cares for you beyond thought. Mates are each other's half unconditionally. If one dies, it's not long before the other dies, either from heartbreak, or suicide because the pain is unbearable. It's rare if one doesn't die but it happens. When you find your mate it's like your life is complete like you don't need anything anymore, like the missing piece in your heart is suddenly filled with your one, true mate. If your mate is ever in pain, it would be the worst feeling you could experience ever, and you do anything to make it better," His eyes never left mine when he explained every detail of mates. It looked like the words were coming from his heart, because I can see everything he's saying in his eyes. We were staring into each other's souls.

"And have you found your mate?"

"As a matter of fact, I have," he said grinning so wide at me he seemed so happy that his grin never escaped his lips during the whole converstation.

"Oh," I felt a pang in my heart. I didn't know why, but I somehow felt disappointed.

"And my mate, my oh so beautiful mate, is sitting right infront of me," he said eyeing me.

Me being me, I looked behind me. I got even more confused when I didn't find anything.

It took me a while to register what he said then I snapped my head to his direction probably giving myself a whiplash.

"Oh, me?" I asked pointing a finger to my chest.

"Do you see anyone else around as beautiful and breathtaking as you are?" He asked me not failing to make me blush. I could tell he saw my pink cheeks because he put his hand on my cheek sending sparks down my spine.

I took in a deep breath at how close he was. I could feel his warm minty breath from when he spoke, sending heat through my body. I'm sure he could feel how warm my body was.

"W-what now?" I asked coughing a little, trying to seem comfortable although I cherished every moment he was close to me.

"How about your number?" He asks grinning. I chuckled nervously and got my phone out of my pocket. I'm glad I still had it and it didn't fall out.

"Yeah, sure." I reach out and gave him my phone, however, I suddenly regretted my actions when my hand touched his. More sparks flowed down my body and I could see he was feeling it too because he fidgeted slightly.

"Well, I have to go," I said after taking my phone and saw that he sent a text to himself.

"What about your shoulder? I'm sorry it had to happen. All of this is my fault, I was supposed to protect you," he asked me sounding concerned.

"Don't worry about it. It's just a scratch and I'll take care of it. If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead by now" I told him with a smile. He was seriously being protective over me even though I just met him. The human him.

"Wait, one more thing before you leave," he said scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I, soon to be Alpha, Blake Hunter, accept you, Jasmine Thomas, as my mate and future Luna of Midnight Stone Pack."

Picture of BLAKE HUNTER!!

Edited