Chapter 45

Jazzy's POV

I actually did it! Even if it was only for a few minutes but I still did. However, Clarice is proceeding with the ritual and it can't be any good.

What you just did won't do you any good, Jasmine, you shouldn't have messed with me because now nothing will stop me from getting rid of you.

I did what I had to do and yeah sure do your worst.

You will pay for everything you just did, Jazzy, mark my words.

She cut off her mind from me and I panicked. Blake could die because of what I just did. No, no I shouldn't think like that, I have faith in him and the moon goddess. She'll help us, she has to.

Blake's POV

"Clarice! I'm warning you, let her go or your death will be even worse than originally planned," I growled at the Original that took my mate's face and she cackled. "You don't understand this, do you? There's no way you can kill me without killing your stupid mate, so no Alpha, my death won't be worse than originally planned," she said.

I growled at her but was taken by surprise when something attacked me from behind." Long time no see, Hunter, tell me how does it feel like being in a coma?" Daniel sneered in a mocking tone and I growled and turned around and punched him with so much force that he was tumbling to the ground. He groaned in pain but stood up nonetheless, and returned the punch but I expected the hit and blocked it.

"Attack!" I roared to my pack and we attacked Daniel's rogue pack. I spotted Clarice standing on a rock far away with her hands in the sky and her lips moving wordlessly. My heart stopped, "no, no!" I tried to make my way through both packs but I didn't seem to be moving. I let out a roar so thunderous that both packs winced and bowed their heads for a split second, but that was all it took for me to get by. I shifted and bolted towards Clarice who took notice of me and as soon as I was a mere steps away from her she put up a block that had me unable to reach her. I shifted back and growled at Clarice, "don't do this, Clarice, please!"

However, Clarice completely ignored me and proceeded with the ritual. I began to panic, she can't possibly be that heartless? "Clarice! Clarice please just listen to me please!" I tried talking to her but it was like she blocked me out.

I looked up to the sky remembering Jazzy's words, "I love you more than anything and when the time comes, pray to the moon goddess. She'll give you all the answers, take care" Pray to the moon goddess and so that's exactly what I did. I shut my tear filled eyes and prayed with everything inside me to the moon goddess so that she could guide me through this hell. When I opened my eyes I wasn't in the battle field, Clarice wasn't in front of me, and there were no rogues or any wolves surrounding me. Instead I was at the clearing back home, the one Jazzy loved to spend our time in. I gasped as I saw a light emerging from the lake, and out came a beautiful lady. "What? Where am I? Who are you?" I asked frantically but she only gave me a smile and looked behind her as another figure emerged from the lake but this time I knew who it was. I would always know who she was. "Jazzy!" I almost cried and ran towards her while she did the exact same thing. I pulled her into me and buried my face in her hair and inhaled her scent. Her beautiful scent that I missed so damn much. "I love you, babygirl, and I missed you more than I thought that I could miss anybody." I told her and she buried her face in my neck and sniffled. I pulled back, "w-why are you crying?" I cussed myself for sounding so weak, but this is my mate we're talking about.

"Blake, this is the moon goddess, and there's something we must tell you," she was hesitant in saying that but even in my state of mind I quickly dropped to one knee bowing my head in front of my goddess. "Your highness, I apologize for my actions, I didn't quite know who you were," I told her with my head tilted. The moon goddess let out a laugh and helped me up, "it is okay, my dear boy, some have done worse. However, I'm going to have to ask for your strength, forgiveness, and trust for what is about to happen," she told me solemnly. "What do you mean?" I asked her afraid of what she was about to say. The words I knew wouldn't be good, however I stayed quiet and waited to hear them out.

"As you know, Clarice, is in the midst of the ritual. Everything is frozen now however since you're not in that realm and by my will I gave you some time to speak to your mate. You will have some time to speak to your mate but you really must know this. Blake, I'm terribly sorry, but Clarice will proceed with her ritual and she will unfortunately succeed."

I took a sharp intake of breath and stared at her not knowing if it was respectful to snap at a goddess and so I held it all in and looked at my mate instead. My mate, who had tears rolling from her eyes like a waterfall and agony visible on every inch of her. Her sight cracked me and I quickly had her in my arms as she sobbed her heart out. "I don't understand, you're the moon goddess, you can stop her," I said and she gave me a sad smile. "I can't change fate, my dear Alpha, I can however know what the future brings and it's nothing short from happiness to you both, your pack and your family. However to achieve that happiness unfortunately you must suffer, your mate will suffer the worst. Knowing that she will not live anymore-" the moon goddess was cut off by a very angry Alpha.

"I'm sorry, not live anymore? What in the world do you mean by that?! Jazzy?" I turned to look at her and her crying got even worse. "Clarice w-will kill me Blake and there's nothing neither of us can do to stop it. I really hate all of this but it's out of my hands," she sobbed and I wrapped my arms around her protectively with tears slipping from my eyes as she buried herself into me and held onto like I was her lifeline.

I turned to the moon goddess with lifeless eyes, "why me? Have I not suffered enough?" I asked my voice cracking and she looked at me with sad eyes but her eyes however were filled with hope. "My dear boy, this isn't for you to suffer. This will make you stronger, yes I wish there was another way but it is not I that controls fate. I simply guide you in fate's preferred direction. A direction in which you will face multiple hardships but will destroy them all. A direction in which your love, your life, your mate, will return to you. A direction in which your mate and I will guide you through until it is time for you to meet again," the moon goddess told me and I felt content within me hearing that.

"But I will still lose her, how is that by any means the beginning of happiness?" I ask her and Jazzy was the one who answered me this time. "because we will find each other again, I will not let you give up and I will not let you fail. I will always be with you, every step you make, every decision you take, I will be with you. I will be beside you as your mate and Luna and I will come back to you Blake Hunter. You're my everything, you can't live when you lose your everything. That's why you will never lose me, if you ever find yourself in conflict just look at the stars and the moon and you will see me amongst them, supporting you, encouraging you, and fighting with you. I love you, Blake Hunter and don't you ever forget that," she tells me with tears in her bright eyes. And for the first time in a while I actually breathe. I breathe in her words, her scent, her love, her everything, and I look down at my mate and take her in my arms and place my lips on hers for one last kiss. She stands on her tiptoes and wraps her arms around my neck and spills everything she's feeling into the kiss. All the passion, the love, the heartache, the longing, but also the hope. The hope for our future and in this moment, I knew. I knew that whatever I might face she will always be by my side because that's where her heart belongs, with me. I pulled away and rested my forehead against hers.

"Mate?"

"Mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To all those about to kill me, please don't! I cried too while writing this chapter. However I wrote this chapter only and only for one specific reason.

THE SEQUEL!!

I couldn't possibly leave you with an ending like that. How cruel do you think I am?

So yes this is the end of the first book but it is only a beginning to the wonderful journey ahead with Blake and Jazzy!

So I hope you enjoy this chapter and are as excited as I am for the sequel! And I'm open for any suggestions you guys might have if you'd like, just send me a message and we'll see. Stay tuned for the epilogue which should be out in a week or so? Yeah that's basically it.

Love you guys!!

WerePotterhead