Chapter 24

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for Blake's reaction when I tell him. "Listen, I'm sorry ok? I just need some time..." I told him trailing off at the end.

"Jazzy, please don't do this to us, please don't do this to me. Jazzy I-I can't function without you, baby, please," he said his voice cracking at the end.

"W-what am I supposed to do huh? Tell me! I just found out that you had another mate and you've been hiding that fact from me, tell me were you ever planning on telling me about her?" I snapped at him sniffling at the end.

"We'll get through this I know it, just please don't throw what we have away, I'm begging you," Blake said as he grabbed my hand, and stared into my eyes. I saw hurt inside and I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything if I stared into them much longer.

"I wasn't the one who threw it away, Blake. You did."

I ran upstairs to my room, and slammed the door, locking it in the process. I threw myself on my bed and sobbed my broken heart out. Outside I heard a long, broken howl. That made me sob harder, it was now harder to breathe and it actually hurt to breathe. I tried calming myself down but it just wouldn't work.

I heard a knock at my door but I ignored it. "Jazzy, sweetie, open up," I heard my mother's voice say and that made me open for her the door. I broke down in her arms as she led me to the bed and as child-like it seemed, I crawled onto her lap and buried my face in her neck. She patted my hair down and shushed me as I sobbed harder, replaying the conversation in my head.

It took almost 2 hours but eventually I fell asleep on my mother's lap and she tucked me in. I woke up the next morning feeling drained and I stayed in bed all day. I tried to eat, I really did, but the food just won't stay down. And so, I spent the day staring at the wall in front of me hopelessly, as though it could just open up and swallow me. That went on for about a week when I remembered all the texts sent about Emma and Evan's birthday being today. That actually made me wake up a bit and actually out of my room and out of my house for my costume and their gifts. I decided that I would go to their party then back again to my room until I actually figure out what to do with the situation at hand.

I bought a Hermione costume, since Caleb, Ethan and I will be 'The Golden Trio' as planned. I sent them both quick texts reassuring them that I'm fine, since I haven't answered any of them, and that I'll be coming tonight. After that, I picked up their nicely wrapped up gifts and headed home. I ate lunch with my parents, which made them extremely relieved since I haven't been eating for a week, and then went upstairs to prepare myself.

Ethan: OK, so everything is settled and planned, the room where the party will be is the garage and you've got to see these decorations, they're sick , seriously they are bloody amazing! So you're coming at 7 right?

Jasmine: yeah I'll be there at 7 and I can't wait to see the garage, meet me outside with Caleb when I get there? Not ready to face him alone yet.

Ethan: of course, love, we'll be there.

Jasmine: thanks a lot xx

Ethan: anytime xx

After taking a shower, I sat myself in front of my dresser and started doing my hair into a fancy updo and it turned out better than expected. The main theme was the Yule Ball, and so I managed to order the outfit online and picked it up from its main store. Best thing was, it was a perfect fit. After finishing my hair, I applied make-up, not too much but not too little. Of course I had to put on some of my Harry Potter accessories, and so I put on my time-turner necklace, and Deathly Hallows bracelet. After I was done, I carefully put on my dress and called my mom to zip me up. "Mom! Will you zip me up please?" I called out and heard her footsteps coming.

When she entered, she gasped as her eyes shone brightly from unshed tears. "Oh dear, you look absolutely beautiful, magical even," she said smiling brightly at me, I grinned back at her.

"Thank you, mom, zip me up will you?" I asked turning around giving her my back as she zipped it up in one tug. Finally, I put on my elegant heels which complemented the entire outfit.

I turned to look at my mother to find her already in tears. "Mom," I chuckled and hugged her tightly.

"Oh, my baby girl, you're all grown up, and look at you, you look like a magnificent princess." She said hugging me tighter.

"Mom, I won't be able to get there on time if we stay like this," I said laughing and kissing her forehead.

"I love you, sweetheart," she said.

"I love you more, mother," I replied back with an equal amount of sincerity

I got into my car and started driving to the pack house. The route already bringing back too much memories, but I didn't dare cry. I parked the car next to the door, already noticing two silhouettes standing outside and I could tell they were Caleb and Ethan. I quickly got out of my car, locked it and smiled a real smile, let me rephrase that, my first real smile in days and walked faster towards them lunging myself at them, hugging the daylights, well nightlights? Out of them and they laughed hugging me back.

"Oh my God, Jazzy, you look absolutely gorgeous!" Caleb exclaimed, I giggled blushing a bit. A tiny bit.

"Thanks, you don't look too shabby yourself," I stated fighting back a grin, "you both do," I said to both of them taking time to look over them.

"But honestly, Jazzy, you do look very beautiful indeed," Ethan said, I looked up at him and smiled gratefully at him.

"Thank you."

"Well come on! We told everyone you couldn't come so we could keep it a surprise, Emma and Evan really did want you to come, especially Emma, you should've seen her face when we did the whole surprise thing and you weren't there, poor thing." Caleb exclaimed grabbing my hand and rushing inside. "Now wait here, we've got to properly announce you, OH and you have to enter like Hermione did in the movie, OK?" Ethan said not waiting for my answer he and Caleb ran down the stairs leading to the party.

"Everybody can we please have your attention for a few minutes," I heard Caleb say. The music stopped and everyone stopped talking, "OK, so since we couldn't wait, Ethan and I would love to give Emma and Evan, it's more for Emma though, their gift earlier, and so everyone behold. Come in!" he said and I took a deep breath calming my nerves and descended slowly.

Gasps were filled around the room but I kept my eyes trained on Caleb and Ethan, "OMG! JAZZY!" I heard Emma scream and a force lunged itself on me grabbing on to me tightly.

"Happy Birthday, Em!" I said cheerfully hugging her tightly.

"I thought you wouldn't come, I thought you didn't know!" she screamed again when she pulled back. "Yet you still manage to look better than everyone in this hall, now could you?" she said grinning as she looked me up and down.

"She is right, you know, you look smashing," a very familiar voice said, a voice I actually missed so much, although its only been a couple of days.

"Hey Evan, happy birthday buddy," I said and laughed as he hugged me tightly and returned the hug.

"Well everybody, what are ya all looking at? Let's party!" Emma said grabbing my hand and dragging me to a table where I greeted everyone.

"Hey, sorry I'm late what did I miss?" A rushed voice said. A voice that sent chills down my spine and made my heart break even further, but I also remembered to keep the tears at bay.

"Jazzy?"